windows and central locking Fiat ducato Dakota 2003

jim216

I presume that your base vehicle is an x244 model Ducato, but please confirm after checking that the VIN has the format ZFA244xxxxxxx.

The loss of central locking is an inconvenience, but a window that will open, and not close is a disaster.

The fact that the window will lower and not raise suggests that the motor wiring is intact.  As has already been suggested above there is a point of weakness where the wires enter the door.  Another possibility for the window problem, is a faulty switch on the door.

If you prise the switch module from the drivers door you will be able to unplug and then check the appropriate switch, which has a centre off changeover function.  

Here is a link to the diagram for the window operation, E3050.  Please note that the colour abbreviations are based on Italian.  Translation tables are available on the internet.  The forum will not allow me to attach my own pdf versions of the table or diagrams with added annotations.

You have not said whether your central locking failure is only from a key fob, or includes operation from either cab door.

If a total failure the common point for both doors and windows is the "ABI" controller which is located behind the glove box.

Archived