Mobilvetta Kimu 102's Mysterious Graphics

Derek Uzzell

(Another piece of useless trivia for the Motorhome Pub Quiz.)

On page 183 of July 2007's MMM Dave Hurrell says about the Mobilvetta Kimu 102...

"Several people were intrigued by the Kimu's lizard-like graphics, but no one could name the animal depicted."

The photo in Dave's article suggests that the stylised 'lizard' is almost certainly based on Hynobius Kimurae (Kimura's Salamander), a heavily-toothed, four-toed, thick-tailed amphibian native to Japan.

An internet entry I found relating to the Hynobius species points out that these animals "are rarely if ever seen in captivity in the UK". With this statement in mind, and in view of the negative comments made by MMM testers regarding Kimu 102, Mobilvetta's strange choice of graphics might perhaps be considered unfortunately apt.

Derek Uzzell - 2007-07-01 8:06 AM

An internet entry I found relating to the Hynobius species points out that these animals "are rarely if ever seen in captivity in the UK". With this statement in mind, and in view of the negative comments made by MMM testers regarding Kimu 102, Mobilvetta's strange choice of graphics might perhaps be considered unfortunately apt.

Does this mean there'll be a problem with non-captive Kimu 102s roaming the land? Are they predetory? The people should know...

8-)

crinklystarfish - 2007-07-01 9:24 AM

Does this mean there'll be a problem with non-captive Kimu 102s roaming the land? Are they predetory? The people should know...

8-)

No problem for us ordinary mortals, Kimu 102's appear to have a penchant for only Motor Caravan journalists judging by the number reported recently.

Regards,

Mike.

Disgusting!!

My sister Baabara says she'll send her big brothers Baasil and Ramsay around to give you beggars a serious talking to. Ramsay is a particularly hard-headed cove who has just come out of the pen for bleating up someone who he claimed attempted to fleece him. He's known as Big Rambo in this area: he's a shear lunatic and you'd be ill-advised to try pulling the wool over his eyes.

Dave Newell - 2007-07-03 1:33 PM Apparently the trick with sheep is to take them to the edge of a cliff first, they push back harder 8-) (Don't blame me, Billy Connolly said it first). D.

Dave, In Yorkshire the sheep are made of hardier stuff, the one thing they are frightened of up here though is the sound of "VELCRO"

Thai

Archived