Rear Door Leak- Citroen Relay

Camperdude

I took delivery of a new Leisuredrive camper based on the old model Citroen 2.0 HDI Relay a month ago.

Apart from the odd teething problems which seem to affect most conversions, I have noticed a small water leak at the top of the two rear doors where they meet when closed.

I guess it depends on the wind strength and direction, but it was enough to make the curtains wet when it rained overnight. I tried sticking draught excluder to the inside top edge of the doors, but this hasn't made any difference.

Has anyone with a Citroen/Peugeot/Fiat panel van conversion with a fibreglass high-top experienced a similar problem and if so is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

John

Camperdude - 2007-07-01 10:18 AM

I took delivery of a new Leisuredrive camper based on the old model Citroen 2.0 HDI Relay a month ago.

Apart from the odd teething problems which seem to affect most conversions, I have noticed a small water leak at the top of the two rear doors where they meet when closed.

I guess it depends on the wind strength and direction, but it was enough to make the curtains wet when it rained overnight. I tried sticking draught excluder to the inside top edge of the doors, but this hasn't made any difference.

Has anyone with a Citroen/Peugeot/Fiat panel van conversion with a fibreglass high-top experienced a similar problem and if so is there a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

John

John,

We had this problem and it was caused by the seal at the top of the doors not seating properly.

Don

Don doesn't say how the problem was cured in his case, but if the van is only one month old; back to Leisuredrive, surely?  Failing that, off to your friendly Citroen service cantre, since it is their van that leaks?  In either case it should be a simple job under warranty.

Brian Kirby - 2007-07-01 12:14 PM

Don doesn't say how the problem was cured in his case, but if the van is only one month old; back to Leisuredrive, surely?  Failing that, off to your friendly Citroen service cantre, since it is their van that leaks?  In either case it should be a simple job under warranty.

Brian,

I forgot to mention we replaced the seal. The damage was done by slamming the door while the rubber seal was not seated properly.

Don

Archived