hymers + shower roof vent

henry

Hi folks,

anyone out there with the answer to our current little problem, a double skinned shower roof vent has developed mould between skins ( yes keep the vent open when showering etc to avoid problem) but how is the best way to clean said vent when there is no way of dividing said vent !!!!!!!!!!

regards

Henry (lol) *-)

Hi,

The only thing I can think of is that the glued joint that secures the outer cover to the inner has a slight air gap that is allowing moisture to filter into the void, as for removing the mold, I really can't think of anything other than trying to carefully separate the 2 pieces and reglueing them ensuring you have a seal all around the glued joint.

I had a similar problem with the 2 parts of the Mini Heki roof vent coming completely apart and i had to purchase a new complete cover from Leisurespares ltd there web site is www.leisurespares.co.uk

hope that helps, I am sure others will be along soon with alternative suggestions

henry - 2007-07-01 3:52 PM

Hi folks,

anyone out there with the answer to our current little problem, a double skinned shower roof vent has developed mould between skins ( yes keep the vent open when showering etc to avoid problem) but how is the best way to clean said vent when there is no way of dividing said vent !!!!!!!!!!

regards

Henry (lol) *-)

Just a little windy about breaking the wretched thing. Remembering what we paid for a replacement foreward vent still stings!! As there are "air holes around it must be possible to shove a wire or sometheing and attatch cleaners?

Regards henry :'(

Archived