Truma COMBI 4 PROBLEMS

Nasty f1

HI All.

Have a problem with my truma heater system.

Keep get red light on control unit, weather this is on gas or electric. After messing about with the reset button it will work on all settings. But next time i switch on same problem , orange light, a click and 10 to 15 seconds the red light comes on. Took over 5 mins to get the reset to work, but then all ok.Till next time !! So i am getting annoyed with this, looks like it maybe only a minor problem, any ideas.( old style controls two dials)

cheers.

Your heater is a Combi 4E and there's 'trouble shooting' advice for equipments with the rotary control switches here

https://www.truma.com/dam/jcr:aec54c73-7561-4d02-a81b-3bd2ec483b5d/truma-heating-cp-classic-installation-operating-de-en-fr-it.pdf

Presumably you are using propane gas and there is plenty of it in the bottle/tank. As the heater will start and run OK after you've reset it, the fault may be minor (like a 'sticky' gas valve) but your heater is 12 years old and Combis have a reputation for developing faults with their main printed-circuit board.

Archived