Digital Tv Aerial and Poles

kelly58

Hi

can anyone recomend a decent TV aerial that I can fix to some aluminium poles,also where I can obtain say 4 3 to 4 ft poles that push together that I can then fix to my motorhome with cable ties to the wheel trim and mirror arm as I do not have anywhere else to fix it too ,I do not want to go to the trouble and expense to have any other type of reciever fitted to my motorhome.

Get an extendable pole made for paint brushes - available at DIY shops. Not expensive and comes in various lengths.

You can get stick on brackets with a screw clamp to fit these poles at most caravan shops.

Alan

Its dead easy Michele, the pole is telescopic with locking bolts at the two joints. The aerial is fixed on top with a wing nut and the pole is then clamped to the two fixed brackets with a pair of plastic clamps with wing nuts to tighten them up. the aerial cable then plugs into an external aerial box and voila, one fully erected and very good aerial is up in around two minutes. I store it in the bathroom when travelling.

D.

Guest JudgeMental

I use same pole as Dave, but just extend it and tie rap to bike rack and stick cable through window.

Michele, you just extend it from the top up first - then when extended fix it to whatever - no tall steps required:-D

We use the maxiview aerial very good results - but not folding so bulky if you dont want to take it apart - no problem for us with gigantic garage....

http://www.sdsdigital.co.uk/Maxview-Compact-High-Gain-Touring-Aerial-B2001-pr-727.html

When we bought the first M/H we paid for what we thought would be a good ariel. You know me guys don't know the name but it was in our wardrobe you just wound it up from inside the wardrobe .We never once got a piccy on it what a waste of money we also paid alot of money for a special tv that now sits and rots in the cupboard at home another waste of money . Still you live and learn now we have changed again to a sat dish from oyster but then needs must with the children.

Hi Kelly58, Argos also do one something like the one Dave has got on his Highwayman, it is called a caravan aerial, fair enough I suppose. Aluminium 3 peice pole with a clamp on the end. It packs away nice and flat for travelling. I have got a little water tight box c/w door on the outside of the 'van c/w screw in aerial plug in it, leading through to the T.V. plug inside the 'van. Works fine held on to the ladder with those bungie loops for putting up the flag pole. I am now thinking of getting an 'indoor aerial' easier to put up in the rain. I don't know the price, less than £20 I think. It came with the 'van. I also have a Maplin satalite dish c/w case, but have not tried that yet. They will not get a signal through trees.

Archived