Car trailers

grocer jack

When we go full timing next year we have decided that we will trail our curent car, a Matiz.

I've read as many of the threads as I can cope with re: the pros and cons of A frames and trailers and have decided a trailer is the one for me.

So, any views on the best and worst makes would be useful. (please don't re start the debate on which is best etc.). *-)

Totally agree with the suggestion of a Brain James trailer. I have owned two over the years and have always found them great. Excellent build quality and they tow superbly. If you want a small twin axle trailer have a look at their minno range. I used to have one of these for towing an MG Midget race car and towed with it thousands of miles across mainland Europe without having any problems. However if you talk to Brian James Trailers and discuss weights etc they will advise you in an honest and open way. They are not the cheapest but in my opinion they are the best.

Extra aditions I'd add on to any trailer you buy would be a large storage box at the front A frame end and a small vice bolted somewhere on the A frame end as well. A vice is so invaluable when you need to cut, saw, unbolt, unscrew, do repairs etc!

Good Luck

Try Woodford cheaper than Brian James excellent quality and locking hitch included within the price.

Visit the factory and talk to Peter. http://www.woodfordtrailers.com/

I would recommend a single axial so much easier to move around off the van. I do have a tow bar fitted to the car which I find usefull if I have to move the trailer around on site, on damp grass a trailer weighing around 400 Kg can be quite hard work to move by hand.

Having towed a Brian James smart trailer I found the ramps a pain to use, now I tow a woodford tilt bed so much easier takes 5 mins to load or unload the car.

Just got back about an hour or two ago from Brian James trailers & I've ordered a minno -max trailer to tow my Fiat Panda on.I was shown around the production side & was very impressed with the whole setup.Delivery is on the 25th June.There doesn't seem to be much difference in prices anyway theirs was 50 kg lighter than some others!!!

Archived