Coachbuilt exhaust extension

dougalthedog999

My Renault Master based Lunar Telstar has had an angled extension piece fitted to the exhaust to take it out past the wider bodywork. I am trying to find a replacement as this has corroded and snapped off, although the exhaust itself it still in good order. I can find plenty of straight extensions but these are no use as the existing exhaust points downwards. Some links in this thread:

but it is rather old and none seem to check out. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks.

You can get what are called curved down extension tips - readily available via Ebay and the like.

You may have an issues with finding one with a suitable diameter though.

The alternative would be to contact a bespoke exhaust manufacturer - there are more of those around than you think.

A picture would help, I might then be able to point you in the right direction.

GOOGLE 'images' and "shopping" searches on motorhome exhaust downwards pointing extension retrieved various possibilities.

Finding an off-the-shelf extension that has a suitable diameter and length will be the challenge and - as said above - it may be necessary to find an exhaust manufacturer (or a company able to bend steel pipe) that can provide a custom-made part.

David has mentioned Motorhome Essentials and they offer the exhaust trims shown here.

https://motorhomeessentials.com/product/chrome-exhaust-trim/

I have already tried the above google search along with many others.

As you suggest I had difficulty finding an off the shelf extension with the necessary angle.

Considering the number of coachbuilt motorhomes around, I had hoped this would be a standard part, but if not I can go down the custom route.

Thanks.

Archived