Furniture board supplier in Scotland????

Mrs Sea

olley - 2007-07-03 7:57 PM

Hi any good timber supplier will have melamine faced chipboard/MDF, or B&Q or someone like these http://www.egger.co.uk/co-uk-eng/co-uk-contact-furniture-distributors.aspx

Olley

This is unlikely to be suitable. Furniture board for motorhomes needs to be veneered both sides with a lightweight core (so no MDF or chip) and of course needs to match the existing finish.

Plastic veneer / low density core = poor quality (in the scheme of things), but this is what is used to keep the weight down.

When I wanted to do some mods to our Autotrail furniture I phoned Autotrail to see if they could supply a piece of the faced thin ply used. They said "what size". I measured up carefullyn and gave them a size for the one bit I wanted and the direction of the grain. They sent 3 pieces carefully cut with crisp clean edges, taped together. When I phoned to say "thanks" and asked why 3 the answer was "to ensure that 1 bit arrives in good condition"

So, have you tried phoning the motorhome maker?

C.

Mrs Sea - 2007-07-03 8:55 PM

This is unlikely to be suitable. Furniture board for motorhomes needs to be veneered both sides with a lightweight core (so no MDF or chip) and of course needs to match the existing finish.

Plastic veneer / low density core = poor quality (in the scheme of things), but this is what is used to keep the weight down.

Sorry, get spoilt with RV's, yanks never heard of the word lightweight. (lol)

Olley

Archived