LINCOLN - Midsummer Music

Clive

Just picked up a report that the site is still severely waterlogged and in its current state un useable despite their best endevours with pumps.

Does anybody else have any news?

We were really looking forward to enjoying the company, the sun and the music.

C.

A little drop of rain and everyone panics...

What's wrong with the British?

I'm sure the organisers will let us know on this forum if there has to be a cancellation.

You never know, there could be a hosepipe ban by July 13!

madmick

madmick - 2007-07-04 2:53 PM

A little drop of rain and everyone panics...

What's wrong with the British?

I'm sure the organisers will let us know on this forum if there has to be a cancellation.

You never know, there could be a hosepipe ban by July 13!

madmick

Mike,

I'm sure the families of the four people lost in the floods and the thousands made home less will really appreciate your remarks.

We are too close for comfort here.

Don

This appeared on Motorhome Facts.

Hi everyone

I have been in touch with Warners regarding the flooding and this show. This is their reply at 3.30pm today:-

"The exhibition organisers are at the showground as we speak and have been all day.

They called us at lunchtime and said that the show "will go on", we are obviously having to juggle camping and exhibition areas around to avoid some of the wetter areas but as far as we are aware the show will still go ahead.

Obviously if the situation gets worse then we will let everyone know in good time."

We can only hope they are right!!

This is the other side of the coin. The latest from one of the workers at the Lincoln shire Showground.

I suppose if Warner's cancel they will have to refund the camping fees paid. It will be a very interesting 7 days.

Hi all

They were on site today looking very glum.

I spoke with the showground manager and he doesn't want it to go ahead and was hoping to offer them an alternative date.

There are still people 200 meters away from the showground who cannot get to their homes.

The showground is still covered with marquees and rubbish from the Lincolnshire show as they cannot get on to take them away.

The grounds men seem to think they have a spring that has emerged near to the toilet block nearest the main entrance, they say if they have a week of sun and wind they may be able to get onto the grass to clear up, and the forecast is rain rain rain.

They pumped 33,00 litres of water out of the septic tanks which was just enough to allow use of the toilets in the main buildings for two hours for a presentation evening.

The dryer areas of the showground are still standing in 2" of water.

I personally cannot see any way the show could go ahead.

Just a thought, in three weeks it is the “Living Islam” week on the showground, maybe we should hope for divine intervention.

James

Ok god not lookng to good is it I feel sorry for you all who want to go and its horrible when you have your sights set on something.

I feel doubley sorry for all the poor people who have had to endure this rain flooding their homes you could not imagine your home flooded all your belongings . let's hope it stops soon so that people can get back to normal if there is such a thing after your things have been ruined .

lets just hope no one is hurt in the meantime and the weather clears ASAP.

what about all us poor farmers then don. crops ruined, tens of thousands of pounds lost. i cant aford to go to lincoln show now, even if it is on. at least the truth is now out - an inch of water not a foot. but still, if us could get there we would be helping to pump out - not moaning and groaning and s**testirring all day long in front of a computer

lonely and ard up fred

I wonder if anyone has any later news on the condition of the showground. The plight of those poor people who have suffered is of course of prime concern, and that includes farmers Fred, but I am sure that many of us are eagerly anticipating what promises to be a very enjoyable show. If the showground cannot be made good then no doubt the show will be cancelled in good time.

Well we've discussed it and we've decided that we're going to skip the Lincoln show this year. It is a shame because we both love the show and the music on Saturday evening but given the choice of being bogged down in a field of mud for the weekend, watching the music show from under a brolly and then letting some grunt try to pull the front of my motorhome off with a tractor to get me out of the mire or going to our favourite local site for a couple of nights on hard-standing with a nice meal in the pub each night we've opted for the latter.

And just in case the weather is really crap we can stay at home and re-decorate the bedroom, wahey!!

D.

We're going to have a "Look See" at the showground tomorrow, but we have already decided to give it a miss this year.

We've had a couple of very heavy showers today but they might have missed Lincoln as they seem very localised.

Don

Good old thunderstorms here around teatime we are 40 miles south of Linclon. It will just be my luck if it is cancelled as I have won 2 tickets for the event and am really looking forward to going as we have never been before to this show.

Archived