Herald Insignia - leak from water tank

Angus M

Hi All - I am new to this and have a  2000 Ford Herald Insignia. Last weekend a leak appeared from the water tank / I think a little under the vehicle but mostly across the whole carpet area. 
any ideas on what to do and what company might help. I live near Guildford, Surrey. I have some fibreglass fixer and could take out the whole tank probably and/replace the blue flexi-hoses. Many thanks. 

(I have moved this enquiry from the Hints & Tips forum - Derek Uzzell)

• Derek Uzzell changed the title to Herald Insignia - leak from water tank

I used to own a 1996-built Ford Transit-based Herald Templar and I assume that a 2000 Insignia would have its plastic fresh-water tank inside one of the lounge seat bases as was the case with my Herald. (Example of a 1999 Insignia on this advert)

https://www.motorhomedepot.com/vehicle/herald-insignia-400-rl

If - after 23 years - your motorhome's tank has split, a successful repair may prove difficult and replacement might be the better option. If the leakage is coming from one of the tank's hoses, or from a hose-connection, that should be much less of a problem to fix - but removal of the tank may well be needed whatever the issue turns out to be.

Once you've identified the cause of the leak,  it should be easier to advise what the best way forward might be.

Archived