Silverstone its official

Geoff Bell

Yes its a damp one, a very damp one and for all those of you motorhomers I just received an E mail from the organisers, ring your campsites before leaving they may have special instructions and combined with the expected muddy conditions and the extra security expect delays so set off in plenty of time.

Anyone know a good place I can park up on tarmac, just in case I can't get onto my booked pitch. Send a private message or everyone will know.

I'd love to go to the GP to see Lewis take his first British GP win but the thought of fighting through all that traffic, struggling with the mud and paying out all that hard earned to get wet and see cars going very fast doesn't thrill me. Sorry Geoff, I've got no suggestions for your parking other than on your own drive and watching it in comfort from your favourite armchair. I hope you have a great time though, and give a cheer to Lewis for me.

D.

hey Jack look out for Black Bird leathers they make all the racing leathers for the drivers and Aeroplane stuff its my daughters boyfriends family ..

Younever know he may make you somethinbg special :D For dolly you fool

Well we arrived at the Silverstone Recreation Site about 5 pm on Friday afternoon only to be given the choice of driving onto the soft grass at our own risk or moving on to an alternative site with hardstanding about 2 miles away on a local farm. We took the second option as we had bikes in the rear garage. We quite enjoyed the cycle ride into Silverstone each morning down the centre of two lines of stationary traffic. We were in the circuit 15 minutes after leaving the motorhome.

It is only possible to buy a 3 day ticket now and I agree it is expensive, but anybody who was there when Lewis Hamilton took pole in the remaining seconds of qualifying when the whole of Silverstone erupted will say it was worth it. By the way their wasn't an empty seat anywhere on race day.

The Journey home was heavy going for those who left after the GP but for us Motorhomers who went back, made a brew and had a bite to eat before we left it wasn't too bad.

Would I go again ? I can't wait, and now I know a great place to park.

To all those at the SRS camp site, you coped as best you could and returned my money with a smile on your face. You didn't deserve the grief you got from the few. Thankfully the sun shone for the sat and sunday.

Archived