Fiamma Privacy Room install

Kennyh

Hi, I’ve bought a (used) Fiamma Privacy room to use with my F45S canopy, and I’ve installed the brackets which are screwed to the Canopy casing for holding the Fast Clip rafter (the rafter/clip that holds the side walls). However the Fast Clip is damaging the canopy fabric by crimping it in a few locations. 

I’m now not sure that Ive installed the brackets correctly and they may be misaligned / fitted too far in and thus casing the issue. 

I’ve tried to track down the Fiamma documentation to show exactly where they should be installed but with no luck. 

Q. Does anyone have the instructions on exactly where the casing mounted bracket should be installed? (Pic shows where I’ve installed so far)  

IMG_7700.jpeg

3 hours ago, Derek Uzzell said:

Downloadable installation manuals for Fiamma awnings and privacy rooms on this link.

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/advice-centre/fiamma-installation-manuals/fiamma-awning-installation-manuals

Thanks Derek. 

it looks like I’ve installed exactly in the right place, but it’s still slightly fouling the canopy. I’ll have another look and see if the fast clip needs adjusting. 

Yesterday I saw something that quite horrified me - there is a model of Burstner which has the boiler flue on the same side as the awning. If a privacy room such as this was erected with the boiler running either on warm air or hot water, the carbon monoxide from the boiler would be filling the awning room. As I am about to buy a new Burstner (NOT this model!) I am a bit embarassed that this company should make such a design. I am a retired gas engineer and I recall people being killed by carbon monoxide when they had a barbecue in their tent. If the equivalent of this was on a house I was visiting I would shut the gas off with the owner's consent, and if they didn't give it, I would call Centrica who would be round there and shut it off in the street within ten minutes.

In this video there are quite a few ways that the CO could get into people's lungs. If people are happily using the awning room they would be gradually feeling sick, hot and going pink before passing out. If the hab door is open and the window above the flue is open then the CO will rise and enter the hab area through the window. Apart from it blowing in through the hab door, if the door is propped open against the flue, I don't know what the door skin is made of but if it's plastic it could easily melt. I have seen a conservatory melted like a Salvador Dali painting.  So far as I can tell from the pictures there doesn't seem to be a mechanism for holding the door away from the flue, it seems to have the usual male and female retaining clips on the door and body. Furthermore it has a dedicated gas bayonet outlet point specifically so that the user can run a barbecue within the awning area.

If I am wrong I will grovel and humbly apologise but what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NcmOtXWLog

Archived