when will it end?

panagah

This ghastly weather.

Having spent all winter working overtime to enjoy the summer in the motorhome I can't get over how bad the weather is.

We have managed to get away a few times including Paris and Escosse for a couple of weeks, but I just can't get in to the swing of doing a weekend away in this weather.

So is there any budding weather forecasters out there that will give me a prediction for the end of august when I will be going back to France or somewhere?

And do others still get to go away in the UK in this appaling weather?

Guest JudgeMental
sshortcircuit - 2007-07-06 10:02 PM

30 degrees? Naw I'd rather have it splashed on me than coming out all my pores

So, you would rather stand in the rain with an umbrella, then in the sun with a sun shade...

panagah - 2007-07-06 7:00 PM

This ghastly weather.

Having spent all winter working overtime to enjoy the summer in the motorhome I can't get over how bad the weather is.

We have managed to get away a few times including Paris and Escosse for a couple of weeks, but I just can't get in to the swing of doing a weekend away in this weather.

So is there any budding weather forecasters out there that will give me a prediction for the end of august when I will be going back to France or somewhere?

And do others still get to go away in the UK in this appealing weather?

today there has been a bright yellow shiny thing in the sky what is it? war of the worlds! :$

Last weekend went to Bath even though forecast was not the best. As it happened the met office got it wrong (really ?). We stayed on the Bath Marina & Caravan Campsite which is on the Rivor Avon and within very close proximity to the Kennet & Avon Canal. 2 minutes walk to Park& Ride to city centre (£2 return). Two pubs within walking distance serve excellent meals. Excellent spacious hardstandings, electric and TV booster connection. facilities not luxurious but clean and did the job.

It's not much fun when the wet stuff is really hammering down and you can't get out , but if it is only grey or just light rain it doesn't deter us. When we want the sun we catch the ferry and head South (lol)

bigal55 - 2007-07-07 7:00 PM
panagah - 2007-07-06 7:00 PM This ghastly weather. Having spent all winter working overtime to enjoy the summer in the motorhome I can't get over how bad the weather is. We have managed to get away a few times including Paris and Escosse for a couple of weeks, but I just can't get in to the swing of doing a weekend away in this weather. So is there any budding weather forecasters out there that will give me a prediction for the end of august when I will be going back to France or somewhere? And do others still get to go away in the UK in this appealing weather?
today there has been a bright yellow shiny thing in the sky what is it? war of the worlds! :$

Alan, it's definitely not War of the Worlds.

It's our new Prime Minister, Gordon, riding his new Fyffes Yellow Banana, he's already ripped you out of your pension, now he's looking what else he can take without you knowing, but still insisting on leaving you with a nice warm feeling... 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but I have to take responsibility and warn everyone that we are due for some more wet weather now.

I just washed the van!

In my defence I think that I've probably increased my payload substantially as I appear to be carrying a lot of the countryside around on it.

michele - 2007-07-19 5:50 PM

Talking about the weather How is it up in Hull and that area anyone!

Michele,

There are 17,000 people effected by the floods in Hull.

Insurance firm Norwich Union has already got 200 static caravans in place in or near the driveways of people with uninhabitable properties.

The insurer has an option on the possible deployment of another 600 static caravans across the city.

A converted ferry could also be moored in the port to house flood victims.

A spokesman for Norwich Union said they were working with the city council to identify suitable sites for caravans. But, he added, the citing of these parks was dependent on ensuring children could attend their usual school and people could travel to their places of work.

Because of a shortage of accessible accommodation in the city, some people may be asked to go to other cities and commute back to work

There is no hotel accommodation available and what property that is available for rent has trebled in price and the bottom has dropped out of the housing market.

More rain is forecast for the weekend.

Not a happy place is Hull and the surrounding areas.

Don

Don,'

Don't rightly know what to say except I am so sorry for all the people .

And I wished the weather would leave them alone .

Have not really been shown that much on the news at this end other than treated to a five minute flash not enough really to see what it is that they are experiencing.

It is obviously a nightmare and a struggle for the people and confusing for elderly people and animals.

Thinking about them and the terrible time that they are having

One saying the used to use at the University to encourage students to come ... "It's never dull in Hull!" ... unfortunately I don't think flash floods and mass flooding was what they had in mind!

A friend of ours who had water creeping into his bungalow, but not too much fortunately, has not had a response from his insurers (4 weeks now) as to when the work on his property will start - all the neighbours are already being done but he's not had any luck at all, he's with Churchill. He's a bit peed off to say the least.

Loads of people at work have had severe flooding, the University actually had to put up some of it's own staff in student accommodation when the rains were bad as they couldn't get home due to the mass flooding of roads etc. They also put up loads of local OAPs as well in a hall of residence when their bungalows were flooded until the Council could sort out something for them. As we were on holiday we missed the aftermath pretty much and haven't yet driven round Hull to see the devastation but from what I can gather it's been really bad and will take a heck of a lot of work to get things back to any sort of normality.

We still keep getting rain so it's not going to dry out soon ... still waiting for the hose-pipe ban though! (lol)

I wonder if there is anything I could read about it ?

Will have alittle google and see ...Don I don't suppose you ever forget things like that .. Canvey Island wont be there forever its got to disappear I know lots of people that live there ..God knows what will happen to everyone frightening

Guest peter
davenewell@home - 2007-07-06 7:47 PM

Try going away this weekend, the forecast is not too bad.

D.

Forecast is for 100mm of rain. If that's not too bad Dave, what is?. :D

Archived