Thessaloniki to leipzig

Taffontour

2 minutes ago, spirou said:

Last time I did it serbia-bulgaria-thessaloniki, but the detour was on purpose (skiing). In June we will just go straight croatia-serbia-macedonia-greece

Who is your insurance with? Aviva don't cover Serbia, Bosnia or Montenegro according to my wife last week. And for the record you only need a go box or vignette in Austria if you use motorways..unless that has changed in the last couple of years?

Jeremy 

32 minutes ago, laimeduck said:

Who is your insurance with? Aviva don't cover Serbia, Bosnia or Montenegro according to my wife last week. And for the record you only need a go box or vignette in Austria if you use motorways..unless that has changed in the last couple of years?

Jeremy 

Speaking of vehicles under 3.5tons, I don't know about Bulgaria but certainly Romania, Hungary and the Czech Republic require a paid registration (which perhaps incorrectly) I called electronic vignette.

Slovenia (like Austria) has the choice between the sticker and the electronic vignette.

As for insurance, the journey from Thessaloniki to Croatia does not pass through Bosnia, Kosovo and Montenegro. With the exception of the Kosovo region my insurance includes Serbia.

Check yours.

Your info on Slovenia is a bit false as there was never a double system other than a month last January when old stickers were still valid. Under 3.5t you need to get the so called e-vignette. For motorhomes it's the same price as for cars (commercial vans otherwise pay double). They come as weekly, monthly and yearly (from/to date, not a calendar year) up to 30 days in advance of validity. And obviously, like Austria, you just pay if you want to use motorways.

And to answer the insurance question by Laimeduck...unlike UK ours covers anything.

17 hours ago, spirou said:

Your info on Slovenia is a bit false as there was never a double system other than a month last January when old stickers were still valid. Under 3.5t you need to get the so called e-vignette. For motorhomes it's the same price as for cars (commercial vans otherwise pay double). They come as weekly, monthly and yearly (from/to date, not a calendar year) up to 30 days in advance of validity. And obviously, like Austria, you just pay if you want to use motorways.

Spirou, yes, you're right, in Slovenia the sticker no longer exists.

I apologize for the inaccuracy. In addition to online purchases, electronic vignettes can be purchased from authorized dealers. See https://evinjeta.dars.si/en/how-buy#Tabela

As for the vehicle class (2A or 2B), it all depends on how it is registered (in Europe, item J1 of the registration document).

This is the answer from DARS (Slovenian motorways):

E-vignette exists only in electronic form, so you don't have to stick anything anymore.

If your vehicle is registered in documents as camper/caravan/SA/wohnmobil and it is under 3,5T you can buy 2A e-vignette, otherwise 2B is required.

I'll leave it to you to verify yours.

5 hours ago, mtravel said:

I'll leave it to you to verify yours.

As I live here it would be quite expensive to drive without one, or a wrong one, each day with all the license plate recognition cameras around 😉

Archived