static tourers

lufc

Hi

We have had our MH since feb and since Easter we have been away every weekend apart from two. We have been to many sites in Northern Ireland and what I have noticed is the number of touring caravans that appear to be parked permanently on sites. This weeked at a site near Lisnaskea I counted 7 out of 10 vans in the row in which we parked our MH had no occupants all weekend.

NO WONDER IT IS DIFFICULT TO FIND VACANCIES AT GOOD SITES!!!!

Guest JudgeMental

Mmm... I don't like sites filled with static vans and avoid them unless stuck while traveling.

You have a choice to book elsewhere. touring is not for everyone and traditionally its a cheap way of having a second/holiday home for some.

whilst i agree in principal I prefer a live and let live philosophy. and considering the diabolical weather maybe the only way some site owners can make a living...

michele - 2007-07-09 8:57 AM

Champstar called them chuggers ! He seems to take a dislike to that word :D :D

What I actually called them was tuggers..I didnt mean any offence to anyone but just think the name describes exactly what caravaners do >:-)

I also prefer to live and let live as long as the statics tourers are all on sites that i dont want to go to (lol)

Hi lufc, we've noticed this as well. A prime example is Drumaheglis Marina which has a sizeable amount of tourers that sit all season. Last time we were there the weather was poor and most of these vans were empty. I suppose they have paid for the season and are entitled to come and go as they please but it does make it harder to get a pitch sometimes.

We couldn't get onto Carnfunnock this year as they were booked until September. But I wonder how many of these prebookings cancelled when they see the forcast.

We have only had our m/h since May and have been away every other weekend. We haven't had a dry trip yet!

Archived