windscreen Aerial

Guest Mikte Thomas

Guest Mikte Thomas
Hi there any help would be appreciated I am looking for a stick on windscreen Aerial you know the type that Looks like a wire on a bit of clear scellotape! About a meter long They were about a few years ago but I can't find one now. Mike T

Guest Clive
I made my own. Seriously its a length of fuse wire stuck along the top of the rear side window (where the 2nd Radio is) with cellotape. You have answered your own question. Good luck

Guest Mikr Thomas
Thanks Clive I have been thinking along these lines, but ready made would have been quicker Mike

Guest Mike Thomas
Thanks for your suggestion Pete C. But I don't think a coat hanger would look right stuck on the front of the windscreen !! somehow !! Mike T

Guest Dave Bishop
Halfords sell the Aerial that you are looking for but beware they need a 12v supply 2 make them work. Halfords also sell a side mount aerial for caravans and motor homes 13 pounds. Aerials over time will fill with water and be more than useless. If you have plastic body remember to run a wire to earth. Dave B

Guest Mike Thomas
Thanks Dave I seen those in Halfords that work in 12 v. but did not think they would be for me . I have solved my aerial problem now thanks. I made up my own in the end, from an old radio I used the telescopic aerial made up my own fitting and placed between the drivers window & door on the inside it works a treat , Regards Mike

Guest mike thomas
Hi Mick thanks for your message regarding wireing in the radio to the status aerial fitted in our motorhome. This was how it was connected But the problem was you have to go to the other end the van to turn it on and off !! and remember if you want the radio when you are driveing along you either have to stop and turn it on or go with out . Thus I wanted to change to a normal areial.

Archived