Isri Seats

carling

Hi Carling

We had one of our 'vans completely reuphulstered including the Isri seats by Regal upholstery who made a great job of the 'van.

You can stay overnight and they start work 1st thing in the morning doing the full job usually within the day. The price wasn't out of the way either.

See web site at www.regalfurnishing.co.uk.

Hi,

I can only agree wholeheartedly with the above post.

We had our Hobby re-upholstered at Regal Furnishings and they made a first class job of it in double quick time. This included completely re-doing the Isri cab seats, putting some additional lower back support in for my wifes seat in the process. They will do them in leather or half leather if you so wish and also put a useful pocket on the rear.

Nobby

Hi Michele,

Like the other poster above I had a full re-upholstery and it was a couple of years ago so my memory is a bit dim on any cost breakdown in respect of the cab seats alone. The answer I guess is that, yes, it is hundreds for each ISRI seat but only a couple as I recall. Of course it does depend greatly on the fabric or leather that you choose and having armrests that need hand stitching will require a bit of extra work.

All in all though, having regard to the quality job that they do, the cost was reasonable in my view. You will meet people who boast of a 'cheaper job' but you get what you pay for.

Regal Furnishings quality beats most original manufacturers upholstery which can often be fairly rudimentary. They do the upholstery for many small converters and I seem to recall, in 2005 at least, that they did the upholstery for IH among others. This probably sounds like an advert but I am simply a satisfied customer with no connection to Regal otherwise.

One lesson that I came away with from the experience is that in looking to buy a new or secondhand van, you should never reject an otherwise good buy due to it's upholstery not being to your taste as it can be easily changed for a reasonable additional outlay.

Nobby

One lesson that I came away with from the experience is that in looking to buy a new or secondhand van, you should never reject an otherwise good buy due to it's upholstery not being to your taste as it can be easily changed for a reasonable additional outlay.

Nobby

I agree with that, I was looking at a new hymer heavily discounted as it was the old model but my wife didn,t like the Orange uphostery. Perhaps thats why it didn,t sell. I may go back and see if I can get another £1000 off

Richard

"I agree with that, I was looking at a new hymer heavily discounted as it was the old model but my wife didn,t like the Orange uphostery. Perhaps thats why it didn,t sell. I may go back and see if I can get another £1000 off Richard"

Hi Richard,

From previous comments made by people from another post/ thread, when buying a Hymer make sure you get your plastic flowers & fruit and plenty of stickers to show people how far you've traveled.!! Oh don't forget to get a blue rinse and a twin set as well.

I'm having to go back as they forgot to put these extras on ours when we took delivery of our new van

Thai

Brian

That you are offended is obvious, but please do read back to those earlier comments you refer to. 

None of them is remotely directed personally at you, or at your choice of motorhome.  They are mere parodies of a particularly shallow, snobbish, type of motorhomer who unfortunately, often (but not exclusively) tends to buy Hymers merely because they are Hymers.

Knowing you are not one of these, we hoped you would enjoy the joke, and even join in the fun.  I do not think anyone on this forum is so shallow as to automatically judge motorhomers, for better or for worse, by the 'vans they own.

Back to the original query. I had my Hymer seats recovered by a domestic upholsterer. I supplied the material and it cost me in total about £450.

the cab seats worked out at about £130 each. he advised me on the best type of fabric to buy it appears Hymer use an open weave fabric which is prone to catches and pulls. I obtained some swatches and he indicated which ones were suitable. I found out later he also upholstered the living quarters in horse boxes,the bits for hu,mans that is!!

I didn't like the upholstery in our van either, it was a bit dull and tired looking and worn in parts. However, the rest of the van was in good nick so it didn't put us off buying it.

We ordered removable washable covers from the Caravan and Boat Seat Cover Company in Bristol. We actually took the van there to be measured but you can take the measurements yourself. The company also keep templates of vans they've done previously.

They make up the covers using your choice of colour and pattern and when the covers are ready they post them to you. You just slip the covers on and hey presto, a complete makover for the van. And yes, there are covers for the arms too.

It cost us £450 for 3 isri seats, a long couch and large cushion covers, which I believe was worth it as they've really brightened up our van. Not a cheap option but as we have 2 naughty dogs it's a practical solution for us too.

ps it's a Hymer and we do wave! (ref earlier threads)

Archived