Timberland

net-traveller

I've been told that the Timberland website has been showing as under development for at least the last month, which is a very odd thing for a commercial business. Usually any revamping is done in test mode while the main website remains totally usable then, at a suitable time, it's all switched round.

I've also been told that in the list of exhibitors for the Malvern show next month that they are conspicious by their absence.

Anybody know anything.

;-)

net-traveller - 2007-07-13 11:26 AM

I've been told that the Timberland website has been showing as under development for at least the last month, which is a very odd thing for a commercial business. Usually any revamping is done in test mode while the main website remains totally usable then, at a suitable time, it's all switched round.

I've also been told that in the list of exhibitors for the Malvern show next month that they are conspicuous by their absence.

Anybody know anything.

;-)

Julie,

I've just spoken to Timberland and they will be at the Malvern Show, they don't know why they are not on the exhibitors list as they have space booked for the show.

They are at the Lincoln Show this weekend. As a small manufacturer they attend all the shows as they have no dealer network.

Like a lot of small companies there web site sometimes get a low priority. I've told them to get there finger out and get it sorted.

As a Timberland owner I was curious about your post especially at the "I've had been told" bit

Don

Don

Thanks for that.

The 'I've been told' came from a conversation with a potential customer when on a campsite. Out of curiousity I checked the web site over the last couple of weeks and found it was showing as under development. As I said I found that strange as I know a bit about computers in business. I had also mentioned the shows I was told not on the list. Again, out of curiousity, I checked and found not on list.

The camper I was talking to seems to have done their homework on the various types of bodies but was using the internet for more info before travelling the length and breadth of the country to touch and feel. Something I agree with as not all areas of the country have a full range of makes.

;-)

Julie,

If he's looking at a Timberland he might have a long wait.

I as at the Timberland factory a couple of weeks ago and they are working flat out. I think a move to larger premises must be on the books.

I was amazed at the number of late reg A Class and large coachbuilts that had been traded in for a panel van conversion. More people seem to be downsizing than ever before.

I think they will be even busier when the Fiat Ducato RHD automatic comes off the production line at the end of the year.

Don

We bought a motorhome from Timberland 2 or it could of been 3 years ago, it isnt one of theirs though its a Kontiki that someone had swapped 1 year old!

The website was under devolopement then!! Im supprised it isnt sorted by now.

Hello

The website has been under construction for well over a year - 18 months. Someone has had a go at it a couple of times that I have sen but thats it.

& yes there is a move on the cards but not sure when.

When we were at the Newbury show in May the wait was well into next year .

They do have a brochure available now.

Motohomer

Don Madge - 2007-07-13 2:10 PM

Julie,

If he's looking at a Timberland he might have a long wait.

I as at the Timberland factory a couple of weeks ago and they are working flat out. I think a move to larger premises must be on the books.

Don

Hi Don

local rumour mill has it that Timberland are moving to the old Autotrail premises in Immingham.

How correct this is I don't know, but Autotrail have recently vacated the site and it been acquired by a new occupier who has yet to move in.

I believe they are going to have their workshop in one place nd their showroom in another. AFAIK they have one place secured already in or near Immingham but when this was talked about when we were last at their workshop in March the other place they want was still being decided on.

They also have to find more staff for the workshop in order to produce more vans per month

motorhomer

MOTORHOMER - 2007-07-15 10:12 PM

I believe they are going to have their workshop in one place nd their showroom in another. AFAIK they have one place secured already in or near Immingham but when this was talked about when we were last at their workshop in March the other place they want was still being decided on.

They also have to find more staff for the workshop in order to produce more vans per month

motorhomer

The old Autotrail site at Immingham now has an "Under Offer" sign, so we may get to know faily soon. It would suit production, obviously but does not appear to be a particularly attractive site for a showroom

Archived