2008 ducato 2.3 multijet 130 - Turbo noise

pabs

Hi guys

Had a p0638 throttle actuator issue on my 2008 autotrail ...I cleaned it thoroughly and cleared the fault ...I made sure everything was put back on the way it came off .but I've started hearing the turbo more on acceleration in the cab ...it lasted for 2 days ..started the vehicle the other day and the fault has returned 

I've now ordered a new throttle body but it's the hearing the turbo which I'm pretty sure I never did before taking the throttle body off 

I'm having no smoke .loss of power or any other fault codes ...I've visually checked rubber hoses as much as possible. Just wandering if it's just me or can you hear the turbo spooling up normally ? Not using too much fuel getting around 26 mpg when driving 

Any ideas what can check while front end is off waiting for the new part 

Kind regards 

• Derek Uzzell changed the title to 2008 ducato 2.3 multijet 130 - Turbo noise

When in 1991we made our first  trip of over 100 miles in our then new Talbot Express 2.5TD Pilote R390, it developed a whining noise.

I traced the noise to a large crack next to an exhaust flange weld, at the turbo output.

Possibly something to eliminate, but I doubt that the dismantled front end on pabs's vehicle will help any checks for a similar fault.

Archived