Cost of Haven touring pitches!!

Poppy

We wanted to spend a couple of nights at Thorpe park in Cleethorpes because I have family there and it would be very convenient. I was quoted at £134!!!!! for a touring pitch for 2 nights. Thats for 2 adults and 1 dog.!! It does include some sort of entertainment pass (which we don't really want!) and thats it!!!!! Am I the only one who thinks that very expensive!

JudgeMental - 2007-07-18 5:29 PM

you need your head examined to stay at a haven park anyway, full of drunken fighting yobs :-D

8-) :-S Excuse me. My Family are NOT drunken, fighting yobs. We have taken the family to Reighton Sands since 1977. Never had ANY problems. We are going next week. Four adults and 1 child, Cost £63 for 4 nights Monday to Friday. The NORMAL cost is £29 per night. ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2007-07-18 5:32 PM

Speaking from the experience of a mis-spent youth then Judge? ;-)

AH... you are back to harass me!... :-D

I did not have a youth, I was brought up very strictly *-)

Michele is waiting in the wings, so you two minx's can start your usual line of nonsense :-D

I'm oft for a month on Friday following the sun - catch me if you can!

Guest JudgeMental
johnsandywhite - 2007-07-18 5:50 PM

JudgeMental - 2007-07-18 5:29 PM

you need your head examined to stay at a haven park anyway, full of drunken fighting yobs :-D

8-) :-S Excuse me. My Family are NOT drunken, fighting yobs. We have taken the family to Reighton Sands since 1977. Never had ANY problems. We are going next week. Four adults and 1 child, Cost £63 for 4 nights Monday to Friday. The NORMAL cost is £29 per night. ;-)

Err.. it was a joke - hence the smiley?

but with an element of truth as they have a bad reputation. Not the tourers *-)

Poppy - 2007-07-18 6:41 PM £29 a night I can swallow but this is nearly £70 a night.

What, exectly, do you get for your £29 per night?  Free dinner and a bottle of champagne, or a patch of muddy grass and share the bog with everyone else?  No wonder everyone's going to France!!  :-)

JudgeMental - 2007-07-18 6:30 PM

Michele is waiting in the wings, so you two minx's can start your usual line of nonsense :-D

Sorry Judge, don't think you could stand it if we really got started on you, not at your age my sweet ... but then again, there's something about a man in 'uniform' as Michele's already found out with her hubby .....:$

Judge ... you'll have to drive a long way to get the sun, it's in short supply even in Europe at the mo I'm afraid ... B-)

A customer of mine once told me that she had tried to book her family (4) and her sister and husband onto a Haven site and was asked how many berths the caravan had. She replied that it had 4 and she was asked where the other 2 were to sleep. When told that they were to sleep in the awning annexe, she was informed it is company policy that no one is allowed to sleep in awnings / annexes. So they refused her booking! :-(

Brian Kirby - 2007-07-18 7:26 PM
Poppy - 2007-07-18 6:41 PM £29 a night I can swallow but this is nearly £70 a night.

What, exectly, do you get for your £29 per night?  Free dinner and a bottle of champagne, or a patch of muddy grass and share the bog with everyone else?  No wonder everyone's going to France!!  :-)

Brian,

Although I have never stayed on one of their sites, I am reliably informed that for £29 per night you get -

- A Pitch

- Use of the Shower/Toilet Facilities

- A Club selling warm beer (some say that it's watered down) at around £3 per pint

- Free entrance to the Entertainment Complex where the Haven Reps strut their stuff, eg, Lookalike Abba, Lookalike Merseybeats, Lookalike Doris Day etc etc etc.

- And finally plenty of Exercise - apparantly you are advised to run from the Complex to your 'van every 30 minutes to see if it still there. 

Each to their own.

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2007-07-18 8:03 PM

JudgeMental - 2007-07-18 6:30 PM

Sorry Judge, don't think you could stand it if we -really got started on you, not at your age my sweet ... but then again, there's something about a man in 'uniform' as Michele's already found out with her hubby .....:$

Judge ... you'll have to drive a long way to get the sun, it's in short supply even in Europe at the mo I'm afraid ... B-)

There you go again back 5 minutes and baiting me?:-D

I am a veritable youngster on here! and I have just the outfit for what will be your final meeting my dear including the black cap! :-D

south of France sunny & high 20's at the moment and Italy, where we are headed sunny & 28 -37. (BBC world weather). it's been like this for at least a month?

And to stay on topic....

"And finally plenty of Exercise - apparantly you are advised to run from the Complex to your 'van every 30 minutes to see if it still there.

Each to their own."

See, I tried to tell them Bazza - but they just wont listen! :-D

its me - 2007-07-19 1:36 PM

hope its better than you make it sound weve booked a haven site for september :-S

B-) Believe me? It IS. As I mention above. We have been going to Reighton Sands Haven since 1977. That's before it was owned by Haven. There have been good things and bad things that have changed. But IMHO. It is value for money. IF you book at the RIGHT time. Happy Haven Holidays. ;-)

Surely its a question of horses for courses? If you want a family orientated site with all amenities including childrens entertainers, adult entertainment (not that sort of adult entertainment Judge), a reasonable club with a bar, shop, often a swimming pool, childrens play area etc then Haven and the like are just the ticket but bear in mind we are just entering the high season of school summer holidays so the price goes up.

If however you want none of the above but would prefer a simple, clean site with a minimum of children at a (much) lower cost then search out a CL or Cs or small private site.

Its like the difference between a big hotel and a Blackpool B&B innit?

D.

We stayed at the Haven site at Peran Beach in Cornwall last September, and having reeled in horror at first sight we ended up really enjoying it. It all looked very regimented, and there was all sorts of rigmarole about booking in, but then we found we could pick our own pitch among some sand dunes and had plenty of space.

I think we paid about £15 for the one night (two adults, one dog, plus hookup) but when we decided to stay a second night it only cost £5 all in.

Best bit was the private beach - truly, truly amazing but with nobody on it. Worst bit was the breakfast we had up at the main holiday camp. Utterly disgusting!

Just had a peek at their website out of curiosity and see they're advertising a special offer at Peran Beach at 'just' £54 per night for a pitch!

Dear heavens above does anybody pay that sort of ludicrous money? As comfirmed CL/CS users we think anything over £10 is extortion! Would still go back to Peran Sands out of season though at the prices we paid last year....

Went to Reighton sands last September after a break of many years. Now that the children have grown up I thought I would have a ride over to the East coast for a few days to see if it had altered any. It hadn't much.

The cost was £18 for 4 nights midweek. This included admission to the club. Never had a bad holiday there. I agree if you if you had to pay the normal price, it would be a rip off.

Clive.

going to blackpool hope its ok. taking new van on it first trip only £96 for the week didnt think that was to bad but for the 2 dog was £46 was why over the top they dont go swimming and clubing lol so there staying at home we`ll just have to hope all goes well

mikemoss - 2007-07-19 3:14 PM

Just had a peek at their website out of curiosity and see they're advertising a special offer at Peran Beach at 'just' £54 per night for a pitch!

:-D It's all a matter of supply and demand. Everything costs more at peak periods. Try booking a ferry to Spain at this time of the year. *-)

Just a careful look through your club magazines, websites etc will find so many cheaper sites. I stayed at a very small site recently, just 5 pitches and only 2 miles from the nearest 'City'. The site had hook-up and a toilet but, at £3.50 per night for 2 adults........a monster bargain. So the answer may be to stay away from major sites. OK, if you need bingo and a bar and lots of laid on entertainment you may have to use this type of site. Then you have to pay.

Archived