Cost of Haven touring pitches!!

Poppy

we stayed at a haven park in Cornwall for 5 nights in October. Excellent. No fighting yobs as it was almost empty and out of season. The cost? a massive £6 per night, including use of the swimming pool and all the entertainment facilities. WOuld never go to a park like this during the huigh seaon though. You would be better off on a CL.

Vic - 2007-07-20 11:00 PM

Just a careful look through your club magazines, websites etc will find so many cheaper sites. I stayed at a very small site recently, just 5 pitches and only 2 miles from the nearest 'City'. The site had hook-up and a toilet but, at £3.50 per night for 2 adults........a monster bargain. So the answer may be to stay away from major sites. OK, if you need bingo and a bar and lots of laid on entertainment you may have to use this type of site. Then you have to pay.

B-) We don't ALL want to drink. We don't ALL require entertainment. But you find me a Camp site for £3.50 a night that is close to the seaside, has Cliffs to fly model aeroplanes. I could go on. But hey! It would be a PAIN if everyone had the SAME needs. Would it not? *-)

its me - 2007-07-20 1:51 PM

going to blackpool hope its ok. taking new van on it first trip only £96 for the week didnt think that was to bad but for the 2 dog was £46 was why over the top they dont go swimming and clubing lol so there staying at home we`ll just have to hope all goes well

That's exactly why they charge so much for dogs, to encourage you NOT to take them! If you're keen enough to take your hairy 'family' with you the you either have to pay the price or find another site. We avoid sites like this like the plague.

We always take our dogs and even took the rats on holiday with us to France last time as we couldn't get in touch with the pet shop they were booked into due to the floods, we had not choice but to take them - they really enjoyed it and I'm sure they started to squeek in French!

when are two girls were younger we used heaven and it was exllent .The weather dose nt matter and they can go off and enjoy themselfs as safely as you can .We got to know a few heaven mates and they work very hard for very little money we went three different sites both in and out of season and had no trouble .But I remember the boys in blue driving around in the evening .So my thought is for young familys great But now we are alone bring on the camping and caravan club sites . Best deals are just before and after the school holis .Final thought sites are what you make them .

tamworthkamper - 2007-07-21 8:43 PM

when are two girls were younger we used heaven and it was exllent .The weather dose nt matter and they can go off and enjoy themselfs as safely as you can .We got to know a few heaven mates and they work very hard for very little money we went three different sites both in and out of season and had no trouble .But I remember the boys in blue driving around in the evening .So my thought is for young familys great But now we are alone bring on the camping and caravan club sites . Best deals are just before and after the school holis .Final thought sites are what you make them .

Sounds like pure heaven, Tamworthkamper!

michele - 2007-07-21 9:46 PM On here we don't look for people's spelling mistakes weakness or the like its not nice to take the micky out of people. Grow up.

Michele

well said lass( northern Term), couldn't have put it better myself!! Or is this someone else's idea of "HUMOUR"

Thai

Thanks Thai

I did not pick this up. Its sounds like nit picking on all sides.

What you pay for a site is what you want out of it. At the moment I will not pay for CC or CCC sites as they are not worth there (or "their" ?)high season rates.

For families I would think that some would find the Haven type resorts ideal and good luck to them. I did when my family were younger.

Hi,

Will people please add the contact details for these offers both the Haven ones and the independents or CL's CS etc, as some of the prices being quoted seem to be exceptional value for money and I for one would like to take advantage of some of these deals,

Thanks

Brian

I HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD TO COVER THIS

Hamish

No probs, we are of the opinion,each to their own.

We generally avoid large sites with plenty to do and go for the quiter sites with little to do. Like walking out with our dogs and enjoy the peace and quite offered by these sites.Tha's what we prefer it's not to say that our way is better than those that enjoy a site with everything on.

As we have never had children we don't tend to use sites that cater for the families with children.

Thai

michele - 2007-07-21 9:46 PM

On here we don't look for people's spelling mistakes weakness or the like its not nice to take the micky out of people.

Grow up.

Michele

It was not my intention to take the micky - quite the contrary, I found it refreshing that after all the bad press Haven were getting, that someone should equate it with Heaven.

If I offended the original author, I humbly apologise.

michele - 2007-07-21 9:46 PM

On here we don't look for people's spelling mistakes weakness or the like its not nice to take the micky out of people.

Grow up.

Hello Michele,

I quite understand your point of view but I do deplore the lack of use by most people of using the the Spellcheck facility. We all make mistakes while typing but these can be corrected in seconds before posting. I cannot believe that no one else winces and finds it difficult to read some of the threads and posts on these forums.

Mike

sax,

I can quite understand what you are saying also but has it occured to anyone that the person may not be able to use the spellchecker ?

Also for people like me whom really struggle it wouldn't make any difference which way it was corrected it would still look like double dutch .

I wouldn't like to point that out to people because, I feel its not my place to do so .

;-)And forgot the spell checker is only good if you can spell or have an idea in the first place. If you know what I mean

michele - 2007-07-22 11:24 PM

sax,

I can quite understand what you are saying also but has it occured to anyone that the person may not be able to use the spellchecker ?

Also for people like me whom really struggle it wouldn't make any difference which way it was corrected it would still look like double dutch .

I wouldn't like to point that out to people because, I feel its not my place to do so .

;-)And forgot the spell checker is only good if you can spell or have an idea in the first place. If you know what I mean

Hello Michele,

I certainly did not post those comments to upset you or anyone else with the same problems. I am sure that the majority of people on the forum do not suffer like you. It was those that I was referring to. I expect Frank and some of the others on these forums would agree with me. I have been meaning to come out with the post for many months and I fully expected you to react. Definitately no insult intended.

Anyhow, how is Epping? I used to live near there in another life and still have fond memories.

Mike

Sax,

I,m not upset not at all I did not take any offence at the post you are entitled to say what you feel . I just think its rude this is my belief to tell people that they cannot spell or that they have it arse about tit .

We all have our little ??problems and if anyone was to tell someone it wouldn't be me after all I dont even know where to put a full stop who am I to tell people.. Eppings fine still expensive but I love to go and most of my friends live there ...take care.

Guest caraprof

Sax wrote:

Hello Michele,
I certainly did not post those comments to upset you or anyone else with the same problems. I am sure that the majority of people on the forum do not suffer like you. It was those that I was referring to. I expect Frank and some of the others on these forums would agree with me. I have been meaning to come out with the post for many months and I fully expected you to react. Definitately no insult intended.

I do have some sympathy as there is no doubt that the standard of English is deplorable today. Not just this forum but everywhere. One thing that really bugs me is the few people who use commas instead of apostrophes as in John,s car, instead of John's car. I find it a bit staggering that they don't notice that everyone else doesn't do this and perhaps they may be doing something wrong. Even if they never read a book or newspaper the fact that the majority of people on this forum do it differently from them should be a clue!

Having said that however, this is a forum about motorhomes and no one should ever be made to feel inadequate because of poor English. People should be able to post here without worrying about their grammar being criticized and as it happens there is one regular whose spelling and grammar is dreadful, but he's very knowlegeable about his subject and a huge asset to this site.

In many cases it's not their fault but the result of a flawed education system, which at last the politicians seem to accept was a huge mistake. 

My own daughter was lucky enough to attend a private prep school where she was taught the old-fashioned way. Every day she came home with ten new words to learn and a 'times table' to memorise. Every Friday there was a short test and every month a bigger test. She has no fear of exams as they were simply a part of her life.

At eleven, her spelling, grammar and punctuation were better than that of many of the adults here, but it was the teaching that was responsible, not just her I.Q.

There is also the risk when bringing up this subject that, as Sax has done, you will fall into the same trap, such as spelling definitely as definately and using the past tense 'would' instead of 'will' but even Telegraph writers do that these days!

Finally, one thing that I would plead for is more use of paragraphs. There's an interesting post on a killer bed from Mel B but it's so hard to read because it extends about 8 inches down the page without a single break!

Spliiting up a post into paragraphs makes it much easier on the eye and easier to read!

Archived