Dometic RM6271 fridge

sta-lor

Hi , My Dometic RM6271 fridge has just stopped working on 240 volts , but works fine on gas . Circuit beaker is ok so voltage is getting to fridge . Any ideas where to look next  ? Selector dial on fridge front seems ok as it goes to gas working  , but do not think it is working on 12v either when travelling .

Thanks

Is your Dometic fridge in the 2003 Bessacarr E410 that you mentioned in February 2022?

Just because the 240V circuit-breaker has not 'tripped' does not prove conclusively that 240V power is reaching the fridge. (It probably is, but it needs to be confirmed.)

Assuming that your fridge is original (and 2003-vintage) the prime suspect must be the fridge's 240V heating element. Similarly, if 12V power is reaching the fridge (when the motorhome's engine is running of course) but it doesn't cool, the 12V heating element could have failed.

The rear of a 2003 E410's fridge looks reasonably accessible through the exterior ventilation grilles

image.png.b2991ea98345454310a8e1a03aff85e1.png

but it may well be best to get the problems investigated professionally rather than attempt to deal with them yourself.

Thanks Derek , yes it is the same E410.  I have accessed the 240v inline plug on top of the fridge and supply is there ok . Not sure about the 12v as access is very limited , but it works on gas correctly. I .think I will have to take it in somewhere as you suggest .

Archived