anglesey car parks

sundance kid

Excellent one at Moelfre £2 a night right on the sea front, lovley walks along the costal path from there, we have stayed just for one night a few times, (there is also a simple little site right on the beach at Church Bay another beautiful spot), for just a few pound a night. Carol.

Try Camaes Bay, it has 2 car parks you want the one entered by a lane before you get to the village turning it is the turning right just before it, coming from Benlech direction. Narrow lane past little Hotel at T juction turn left it is a good sized car park but not huge.

Lovely bay and village, coffee take away at far end of concreted front , car park on each end , the one in the village end wouldn't take a van I don't think.

Can also recommend the one by Moelfre its actually called Llygwy Bay, we had a static van there for 20 years so know the place quite well.

If you need more info let me know

Mandy

A few years ago when my mother lived in Amlwch I used to parked overnight in Laneilian. Go past the beach and along the narrow road towards Point Lynas and there is a parking area on the left overlooking the bay. A really wonderful spot. We have also travelled a bit further along the lane until the the sign stopping unauthorised vehicles going up to the lighthouse and parked on the grass verge there.

My mother is now in a nursing home in Brynseincyn (on the west side of Anglesey) and I normally park up at a CC five van site opposite the home. But will be interested to hear if anyone has found little parking gems on that side of Anglesey.

John (lol)

Ok, this may not be as clear as it should be but here goes, as you turn off from Llanfairpg towards Newborough you will go over a rail bridge round sharp bend and past 2 houses, turn left down the bumpy lane just after these, it looks private but it has a car park right on the side of the Straits. We launched our boat here for 15 years and parked on the end, great crabbing for the children here too. There is a kind of hostel and a couple of houses , Im sure the grumpy old dear that used to hate us being there is long gone, (she liked me as my mum had taught me well how to creep). Not suitable for you biggys though. 6m should be fine.

Also if you go down the turning for Plas Coch caravan site, which I don't recommend (it may have improved) keep going to the end there is a car park there too, they didn't use to charge again only on hot days, only couple of houses down there and next to the straits, excellent sand bank to play on when tide is down, don't get caught on it though it comes up fast.

Then there is the front down by the Sea life centre there are one or two spots along there and its very quiet.

Moving along there is a car park in Rhosniger (sorry for spelling on some of these not been in a while) go through the town and out the other side, past the golf course and under rail bridge somewhere there turn left and you will keep going till you find a car park right by the sand dunes, gorgeous beach here and rarely used they seem to like the crowded bit in the main centre. Loads of surfers and wind surfers here to watch as well as great wild life.

You could try Cable bay, but go to the next one not the one with the ice cream seller that gets very busy, go to the next one set off the road next to the dunes, it is along way from anyone and very quiet, can get busy on hot days but should be fine this year looking at it.

We had our van in Brynsincin (bad spelling) at Dith and Georges just outside the village, if you ever stay there give them our love, (it was Mandy and Dave then). Fron Farm, well organised but don't take your balls with you George does't like them. Dith used to do home baking and sell it in the little shop, gorgeous corned beef pasties.

Sorry for any confusion this may have or will cause

Mandy

Archived