Ford Duetto. Where is the Jack? Can someone help?

Mick the Miller

Thank to everyone for your help and advice. We have managed to accquire a jack and the relevant accessories and have lowered the spare wheel. As advised though, we will have a trial run at changing a rear tyre.

As for the handbook, we have asked a motorhome dealer and they are trying to track one down for us. Thanks again.

I bought a Draper air bag a few months ago. It fits on the exhaust and raise's the motorhome on tick over.The air bag packs away in a small carry bag and lives under the fixed bed.

I haven't used it in anger yet, but I thought it may be useful if I get bogged down miles from anywhere.

We used the low pressure airbags on road accidents when I was in the Fire Service & then moved over to the smaller high pressure job's.

I do remember you have to be very careful, reference stabilty when the bag is fully inflated. I certainly wouldn't crawl around underneath unless the vehicle was blocked & chocked. For that matter, one should keep all limbs clear of the vehicle until it's secure.

Archived