Car Park App’s

MrsJ

I have not got a mobile phone.  I do not want a mobile phone. I arrived at a car park in Cornwall having started out early in the morning, driven 300+ miles looking forward to the start of our holiday.  Pulled on to the same car park as we used last year and all the pay machines are covered up and notices displayed saying we must use some sort of app to pay, with no option given to pay through a machine.  What to do? There may be other car parks around but where?  I want to park here. On carefully reading the wording I see it says “ you may be prosecuted” but cannot see any cameras around so decide to stay and risk it and hope the words “may be” holds the key.

So taking the above into account, how do they know who has paid and who has not if there are no remote payment receipts to be displayed and no cameras.  And anyway this is discrimination against  people without phones so if they do not want me then I will not return and spend my money in their town again.

And also while I’m having a moan all the car parks along the sea front at Start Bay along from Torcross to Street Gate have notices up saying “No Motorhomes” or a height  barrier, so if you have  a Motorhome and want to paddle in the sea there get the bus.

Sorry Mrs J ... you are going to be excluded from a lot of places these days!

I went to Twickenham Rugby International, England V Fiji on Saturday. Tickets are ALL via phone now ... no phone, no entry. There really is no mileage in being a Luddite in this day and age ... only one loser ....you I'm afraid!

Sorry

Jeremy

They don't need cameras - they just use 'Parking Enforcement Officers' who know whether or not you have paid by comparing your reg no to the online record.

What amuses me about Cornwall is that you can drive quite some distance up a single track and, when you eventually reach a beach, you are faced with a paying car park. Not a very hospitable county.

Yes crocs I see that this would be the only way to check against the on line record would be to be by a manual check.  Exactly the same as the pre-app days when someone manually checked the tickets displayed on the screen, but of course this is progress.  I’m sticking with the Luddites. I am quite willing to pay for car parking but it will have to be where they take cash or cards and I will vote with my feet or in this case wheels.

Lesley.

Cornwall is a rip-off for parking [amongst other things] - I should know, I live here!

Back in the day, before you had the modern tech, tickets were even transferable - so could buy a 4hr ticket in Bude, then pop along to Crackington and perhaps Boscastle if you had the time, using the same ticket.

The fees have sky-rocketed in the last few years, and even in the off-season it seems.