Sites Below £10 per night with hookup

enodreven

Hi,

From the Haven thread I thought it would be very helpful if people would add the contact details of all of the sites they have stayed at for less than £10/night including electric hookup, as some of the quotes that have been suggested in the Haven Thread seem exceptional value for money and I for one would welcome the opportunity to avail myself of some of these offer

Please give the contact details together with any suggested booking arrangements e.g. time of year, weekdays only, that sort of thing that will help to get the best deal ?

Thanks

Brian

Brian,

I have one BUT as you will see

When we went to the show last week we did not want to pay £58 for the music as we had the children with us and it was a no go.

We asked the lady how much for just the night with no music & show.

The same price she replied so we left under her instructions that there was campsite down the road.

I did not see the name as it was Tiny the guy & his Mrs were really nice

even towing us off in the morning there did appear to be hard standing we did have electric hookup and a very peacful night all for £8 with a very friendly welcome..

So down the side road past the post office at the Lincoln show to rainy at the time to take much in. I do believe it was a CL

Hi, Thanks everyone keep them coming ??

2 from me are

Holiday resort Unity at Brean Sands near Burnham-On_Sea, somerset

You have to look for their special offer deals, sometimes they are on offer at the Motor-home shows or on their web site quiet often you can get the pitch with hookup for under £10/night, its really worth looking at their web site on a regular basis

http://www.hru.co.uk

Home Farm, again this is in Somerset very near Burnham-On-Sea keep your eye on their web site as they have similar special offers

http://www.homefarmholidaypark.co.uk

Both of these are very busy sites during the peak season and at weekends they both have a range of facilities, so they may not suit everyone but they often have special offers for under £10/night with electric etc.

From a purely personal point of view Home Farm at Brean is a site we will NEVER use again! Back in the nineties, well ten years ago this week to be precise, we stayed there for a weekend at what was supposed to be the start of a fortnight touring Devon and the south west. On the first day there (Friday) our son crushed his foot (fractured first meta-tarsal) on a poorly maintained piece of play equipment. On speaking to the management (it was a family run outfit then, don't know if its the same lot now) they couldn't have been less interested and offered absolutely no help at all. We cut our holiday short and came back home. We sued them for compensation on our son's behalf and they even lied about the equipment, until I produced photos and video of the equipment in action to corroborate the dangerous status. We even had to buy a licence off them for our eleven year old son to spend a day fishing on their lake after the accident. We couldn't come straight home as we had to attend Weston Super Mare hospital on the Sunday.

D.

Hi, Sorry to hear of your problems we found it a great site and would certainly go back there the only problem we had was the amount of children that were there at the weekends or during the school holiday periods. In fairness we didn't have any kids with us and we did use the RV parking area which made it easy for us to come and go.

Are you sure we are talking about the same site have you looked at the link I gave ? as the one on the link is not at Brean

davenewell@home - 2007-07-22 3:34 PM

From a purely personal point of view Home Farm at Brean is a site we will NEVER use again! Back in the nineties, well ten years ago this week to be precise, we stayed there for a weekend at what was supposed to be the start of a fortnight touring Devon and the south west. On the first day there (Friday) our son crushed his foot (fractured first meta-tarsal) on a poorly maintained piece of play equipment. On speaking to the management (it was a family run outfit then, don't know if its the same lot now) they couldn't have been less interested and offered absolutely no help at all. We cut our holiday short and came back home. We sued them for compensation on our son's behalf and they even lied about the equipment, until I produced photos and video of the equipment in action to corroborate the dangerous status. We even had to buy a licence off them for our eleven year old son to spend a day fishing on their lake after the accident. We couldn't come straight home as we had to attend Weston Super Mare hospital on the Sunday.

D.

Sorry Brian, you're absolutely correct, it is a different site altogether. i did look at the link you posted and just assumed they'd upgraded the family facilities to include the swimming pool but looking at their address it is different. The Brean version is about two miles further up the coast road from your posted site.

I still wouldn't recommend the Brean Sands Home Farm site though, purely because of a bad attitude to its customers.

D.

Hi, Fred

"Under a tenner"

I don't know about "friendly fred" its more "Tight Brian" LoL

You have got to try ??

Brian

fred grant - 2007-07-22 8:41 PM

eno,

Under tenner a night

surely you mean heaven - not haven

jusy a fougt

friendly fred

fred grant - 2007-07-22 8:38 PM

a bad experience ten years ago david newel? my god, theyve opened the m5 since then and erosion means the site disaperred long ago. and i thought us farmers were hard.

fred

I did say it was PURELY personal and did not in any way try to suggest that anybody else should boycott the site in question Frederick.

D.

Hi, Dave & Fred

Fred, did/do you know the site Dave is talking about ? as from what you are writing it appears you are suggsting its not there any more ? is that correct

Dave Newell - 2007-07-23 9:27 AM

a bad experience ten years ago david newel? my god, theyve opened the m5 since then and erosion means the site disaperred long ago. and i thought us farmers were hard.

fred

I did say it was PURELY personal and did not in any way try to suggest that anybody else should boycott the site in question Frederick.

D.

fred

D.

Interesting point that many businesses seem to have missed. There's no time limit on a dissatisfied customer. Once gone, they're gone for good.

PLEASE READ DAVE'S 2nd POST, AS WE MUST NOT CONFUSE THE 2 SITES DAVE IS NOT TALKING ABOUT THE SITE IN THE LINK I GAVE ??

CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK ONTO THE ORGINAL SUBJECT

COME ON THERE MUST BE MORE SITES UNDER £10/night inc hookup

Ralph - 2007-07-23 10:52 AM

fred

D.

Interesting point that many businesses seem to have missed. There's no time limit on a dissatisfied customer. Once gone, they're gone for good.

Too true Ralph, if they'd been a little less off hand about my son's injuries and tried to do something to help I probably wouldn't have instigated legal proceedings. If I'd been in charge there the first thing I'd have done would be to get a member of staff to take the family to the hospital but as it was they didn't even go as far as a free licence for the fishing lake.

I'm sure there are plenty of people who have had great holidays there but it was very telling when we got to the hospital. The first nurse we saw took one look at the injury and said "did you do that on the see saw at Home farm Brean?". Despite the assurances of the management at the site that it had never happened before this nurse told us they were seeing at least one injury like this a month from the same equipment.

To my mind that demonstrates a blatant disregard for their customers welfare.

D.

Guest caraprof

Sensible dissatisfied customers should never be gone for good. My policy in life is always to give a business a second chance, if it's to my advantage to do so.

As an example, five years ago I took my car to a local bodyshop and the owner was an ill-tempered old goat with all the customer relations skills of Saddam Hussein. Needless to say I told him to bugger off.

However, this body shop is incredibly convenient so, last week, after an embarrassing little accident with the top of my car and an electric garage door, I thought that I'd give it another try.

The old chap has retired and the reception from his son, who now runs the business, could not have been more different. The quality of their work has never been in doubt so now I can, once again, use my most convenient supplier and save myself a lot of inconvenience.

Any business can err. People have bad days or bad staff and to write off an otherwise decent firm because of one mistake by one person seems unreasonable to me.

Having said that, I know that there are some instances where a customer may never wish to go back but I also believe that there are folk out there who are as unreasonable as the supplier that they're complaining about when they take the fixed attitude that they have been bad and must therefore, be bad for ever.

Guest caraprof
Dave Newell - 2007-07-23 11:06 AM I would have loved to post a site for you Brian but our favourite little site that only charged a tenner a night with leccy has closed this year. We tried to go there a few weeks ago but I was given this bad news when I phoned to book a pitch :-( D.

Perhaps they weren't making enough profit to warrant all of the work?

Thats a bugger Dave, but come on the rest of you there must be more out there

Dave Newell - 2007-07-23 11:06 AM

I would have loved to post a site for you Brian but our favourite little site that only charged a tenner a night with leccy has closed this year. We tried to go there a few weeks ago but I was given this bad news when I phoned to book a pitch :-(

D.

caraprof - 2007-07-23 11:13 AM
Dave Newell - 2007-07-23 11:06 AM I would have loved to post a site for you Brian but our favourite little site that only charged a tenner a night with leccy has closed this year. We tried to go there a few weeks ago but I was given this bad news when I phoned to book a pitch :-( D.

Perhaps they weren't making enough profit to warrant all of the work?

No it wasn't that Frank, the site is owned by a factory next to it up a little lane and they used to lease it to the pub at the bottom of the lane. The factory has apparently had a few break ins in the last couple of years and wanted to restrict the access up the lane to try and curb the break ins so refused to renew the lease this year. Sad loss but such is life.d.

Another one

Heath Farm, North Rauceby, just off the A17 Newark to Sleaford road, not far from RAF Cranwell. I think it's a C&CC listed site.

It's like camping on the front lawn of the farm, lovely owners, right next to the Aviation Heritage Centre.

I paid £5.50 per night last summer and that included electric.

Carol

Archived