Have we been gassed?

BadBob

Just returned from our very first trip to Spain. Had to cut the stay short because whilst my partner, my 14 week old son and I slept, theives broke into our motorhome through the passenger door, had to move the child seat from between the front seats, remove the ladder, enter the living area, open the wardrobe door and steal our cash, my phone and a camera. All this happened and if our baby as much as coughs or farts she wakes up, (I think its called mothers instinct). We knew nothing untill we woke early next morning. They left us our credit cards, the sim card from my phone, my partners phone.

How did we not hear them????????????????????

Guest caraprof
BadBob - 2007-07-22 7:24 PM Just returned from our very first trip to Spain. Had to cut the stay short because whilst my partner, my 14 week old son and I slept, theives broke into our motorhome through the passenger door, had to move the child seat from between the front seats, remove the ladder, enter the living area, open the wardrobe door and steal our cash, my phone and a camera. All this happened and if our baby as much as coughs or farts she wakes up, (I think its called mothers instinct). We knew nothing untill we woke early next morning. They left us our credit cards, the sim card from my phone, my partners phone. How did we not hear them????????????????????

No you haven't been gassed. Enough toxic gas to put two fully grown adults into a deep sleep would probably have killed your baby.

Please read the first post in the 'Gas attacks' thread at the top of this forum. Gas attacks are an urban myth.

No you weren't gassed, you were relaxed, tired, possibly had a drink or three, your child had probably had plenty of fresh air during the day and the burglars were very careful and very quiet. I often sleep so lightly that the slightest noise will wake me but when I'm tired I could sleep through a hurricane, in fact I did sleep through one in London in 1987 aided by a 12 hour shift and six pints of Directors bitter! 8-)

D.

Bob,

You need Dave Newell & also there was a chap last night who stated that he had fitted a reversing sensors to cover the perimiter of the van to cover the 3 opening doors which sets off an alarm prior to people interfering with the vehicle............. Brilliant Idea..

In the mean time speak with our resident Guru Dave Newell

badbob

why remove your phones sim card before escaping. thats odd. where was you parked. any neighbours robbed? how far as you travelled that day. what sort of motorhome. any alarm. what did the police say/do?

so many questions my biddy, so little gas.

so glad you was all unharmed. why come home early though. i would have thinked you needed a good holiday after that experience.

allthebestfred

i know excactly how you feel badbob we had similar experiance on way down to spain,we were a bit luckier though, they broke in same way but didnt move ladder just reached over & grabed shorts. total haul 3 euros shorts dropped outside £350 for a new set of locks. carried on with holiday though otherwise they had won :-(

I feel really sorry that your trip was spoiled. To directly answer your question though, no.

It's an indisputable fact that people sleep through burglaries, be that of their bricks and mortar home, or any kind of mobile home. There's never any suggestion that if such a theft-whilst-asleep incident happens at a bricks and mortar home that the crime was carried out using any other means than stealth.

You were asleep, they were sneaky enough. There really is no more to it.

I do hope you can put it behind you, I know it's a horrible experience. Best of luck.

Did you have any form of alarm.

We have a Cobra and it has a panic button on it. Not tried it out. Our system has motion detectors in the cab and living area but we don't have the alarm on whilst in the van as naturally they will go off. Not sure how to get over this as it would be good to have them on at night.

Has anyone got one of these type alarms?

Knaus,the Alarm we have lets us keep it on whilst inside we are allowed to alarm it leaving on the motion censors.

This is partly why I ask the question in another thread people who seem to tell us that they have been robbed never or should I say neglect to say if they have an alarm and if so which one .

I have just been out on my drive and wound down the window set the internal alarm censors with me inside I tried every which way but loose even climbing out of the windows IMMEDIATELY the alarm went .

ALL decent alarms have a perimeter setting which allows you to arm all the doors and compartments that are covered, and the glass breakage sensor (if fitted), but turns off the internal motion sensor, so you can continue to move about inside. Any one tries to break in, the alarm goes off, so do they - cos there are easier pickings and by bthen you're awake.

I IMPLORE YOU ALL - if you haven't got such an alarm, get one and use it. We always have it on at night unless in a very secure camp site. You'll know cos we always forget it in the morning, open the side door and off it goes - quick fumble with the keys to switch it off and look innocently around as if wondering who made all that noise??

Mel E

====

michele - 2007-07-23 5:26 PM

Knaus,the Alarm we have lets us keep it on whilst inside we are allowed to alarm it leaving on the motion censors.

This is partly why I ask the question in another thread people who seem to tell us that they have been robbed never or should I say neglect to say if they have an alarm and if so which one .

I have just been out on my drive and wound down the window set the internal alarm censors with me inside I tried every which way but loose even climbing out of the windows IMMEDIATELY the alarm went .

Michele ... the weirdest images have just flashed through my mind of you being stuck half-way out of the 'van and screaming the street down for someone to help!!!! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Knaus - 2007-07-23 5:06 PM

Did you have any form of alarm.

We have a Cobra and it has a panic button on it. Not tried it out. Our system has motion detectors in the cab and living area but we don't have the alarm on whilst in the van as naturally they will go off. Not sure how to get over this as it would be good to have them on at night.

Has anyone got one of these type alarms?

On our Cobra alarm, at night, when we are in the van, the system is armed using the fob, as normal. A press of the smaller button disarms the internal movement alarm. Anyone attempting to enter would activate the the Cobra. Don't forget to disarm, before exiting the van, though.

Mike Hol.

Mike Hol - 2007-07-23 10:15 PM
Knaus - 2007-07-23 5:06 PM Did you have any form of alarm. We have a Cobra and it has a panic button on it. Not tried it out. Our system has motion detectors in the cab and living area but we don't have the alarm on whilst in the van as naturally they will go off. Not sure how to get over this as it would be good to have them on at night. Has anyone got one of these type alarms?
On our Cobra alarm, at night, when we are in the van, the system is armed using the fob, as normal. A press of the smaller button disarms the internal movement alarm. Anyone attempting to enter would activate the the Cobra. Don't forget to disarm, before exiting the van, though. Mike Hol.

To disarm the internal sensors on the Cobra, press the large button then within 15 seconds press the small one. You should then hear a beep to confirm the the alarm is set for all external doors and the vehicle bonnet.

In the morning press the large button once, the alarm is then deactivated.

Knaus,

You need to play get it on your drive and play as bazza say's press the button. Ours is different we have to press it twice PEEP PEEP it goes and then thats it all set we can rumpy pumpy and do a Jig dance the fandango all the motion censors are off BUT TOUCHA THE VANA and you are in Deep trouble ... :D

Archived