Hymer B654 sl 3.0ltr 2010

poe

I just happen to have a 2010 Hymer Brochure here.

The B SL range are described as Al-Ko chassised (the B CL range apparently not, but didn't feature a 654 anyway).

At 96,500 the mileage is rather higher than average, but, if it's the one featured in this selection, the price may well reflect that.

https://tinyurl.com/Three-654s

...and you can compare it to the other two.

Thank you Robinhood for that I thought it had a alko chassis but wasn't sure i know the service part of the question it's been serviced but not sure if it's full service history or part going to view on Tuesday and yes it's the cheapest thanks once again Robinhood.

I owned a 3.0 B654 SL - great van and very spacious and what I'd call a 'proper' Hymer.

I think I've seen the one you're viewing advertised, and if it's in good condition you won't go far wrong.

From experience there are some points to look out for though -

The rear extensions from the alko chassis can get quite crusty, particularly the rear most cross member.

The floor behind the rear wheels can suffer damp and rot, don't be afraid to have a poke, the offside garage door to floor joint ditto.

Also look right up behind the rear valence/light cluster where the double floor ends.

Take off the lower fridge vent [no tools required] and check the floor inside, they rot for a pastime and you can be blissfully unaware. Common on all Hymers of this era, but not obvious to the owner.

3.0 prone to throttle body failure, not a difficult fix.

Having said that the 3.0 is a great engine, and well mated to the van - I'd be happier with a higher mileage 3.0 over a lower mileage 2.3. You'll get decent economy, and no cambelt.

Don't let me put you off though, I think that's a well priced van, and the flagship model of that era so you'll get a lot of van for the money.

As a footnote - Went to the NEC yesterday, I can't believe how poor some of the vans were, all bling and LED lighting but awful structural build and finish on many.