Wiring Diagrams

bobbo

Can anyone supply a photocopy of the habitation area electrical wiring diagram & fuse details for a 2003 N & B Arto 590. I would like to add additional 12v outlets to my van but cannot find anywhere to connect to.

Three options:

1. Ask N&B.

2. Take a lead direct from the leisure battery - fused of course - and wire a switch into the circuit - a flat rocker switch can usually be mounted near the battery. Even better, wire the switch via a car relay, so your not connected driectly to the battery.

3. (better than 2) You will have access to 12 volt outlets behind the control panel. Not sure how you get at yours, but it won't be too difficult as it has to be accessible for repairs, etc.

Mel E

====

I was reticent to give practical advice as the nature of the question suggested an inadequate understanding of the simple requirements.

I would suggest therefore that this task be carried out by somebody suitably skilled and qualified who would not normally require the data you requested.

Safety first.

C.

I agree with Clive.

If you wire another 12V outlet 'in series' with an existing outlet (which I'm pretty sure was not what Mel E was suggesting), there is the potential risk of overloading the cabling feeding the original socket when you've got electrical appliances taking power from both outlets. If you are going to do it that way, then you need to be confident the present cabling is man enough for the job.

As some of you people seem to be quite knowledgeable when it comes to wiring, I have one question which is driving me mad.

I have a set of speakers in the back of my van that have suddenly ceased to work so gone are the nights of quiet music and a bottle of wine!

There are no visual markings as to what make the radio/cd player is and also no manual.

I have tried looking at and adjusting the balance and fade but made no difference what so ever.

Any ideas as to what to check next, I have been able to remove the unit from its holder but cannot see any loose wires.

Just seems strange that both speakers have stopped together whch makes me think it may be the cd/radio unit and not the speakers?

Sorry this is very vague, any help/ideas appreciated.

kevandali

There are a couple of possibilities but as you rightly surmise, both speakers failing simultaneously does point toward a fault in the head unit. Very often the wiring to the rear speakers runs along one path, i.e. two sets of wiring in one conduit. It is possible, if some additional item has been fitted that the wiring to both speakers has been broken. Alternatively the wires will be connected to the wiring on the radio connectors usually somewhere near the radio itself so see if you can trace the speaker wires from the radio for a little distance just in case they've got snagged or pulled. Check that the speaker connection plug is firmly attached into the radio socket.

D.

Are you suggesting that the rear speakers do not work but the front ones do? If so this would put a different slant on the potential problem.

You could always start by checking the wiring.

The back of the radio has two connectors, one power and control the other speakers.

Pictures below if it helps.

Good luck

(Thanks to Jackie for the text Dave)

416265523_ForumpicA.jpg.f7669786caaeba752c77d627ed2eaa8b.jpg

1964859275_ForumtypB.jpg.2928dbe0a84798d1d0c0ddeb23644178.jpg

Archived