Extra Door Locks

afandy

Just got back from Devon...Whilst looking at some Motorhomes for sale i noticed one Fiat Ducato had extra locks fitted inside both front doors They had Abus name on them and looked as tho they are specially made for them and also looked very secure...which would include Peugeot and Citroen of course...Anyone shed any light (?)

Hi Andy,

Abus are a German lock manufacturer. I'm not sure which lock you mean but you could have a look on their website www.abus.com. You can contact them on their site and maybe ask if they have a UK distributor.

John.

Sound like Heosafe's to me. I have them fitted and so have many more motorhomers. The cheapest I could get a pair was Brownhills, Newark - £127 for the pair.

I hesitated because of the price, but I'm glad I bit the bullet and fitted them.

I feel a lot happier leaving the van now. I also fitted an external heosafe habition doorlock.

have a look here

http://marcleleisure.co.uk/locks/locks01.htm

regards

Geoff

afandy - 2007-07-24 3:31 PM

Geoff...Yes they do look the same many thanks....Did have abus on the key part ..but well pleased many thanks... Andy

I got my Heosafe cab dead locks from Essanjay in Poole. I can't remember the exact price but much cheaper than £127. They do a mail order. See MMM p264.

I was very glad of them last year in Portugal. They prevented a forced enty on the driver side of the motorhome.

John (lol)

For the cab doors i fitted some ERA multi purpose door bolts from wicks a little more work than heosafe but do the same job for about £25. You can get an abus lock for the habitation door outdoorbits.com have one on thier site it says its jointly designed by abus and heo locks

Paul

Had heosafe installed on our Swift Royale motorhome and thought they were fantastic. Great inconspicious design and simple installation.  The added feeling of security was worth every penny.

Was the first accessory I looked at buying for the new X2/50 based motorhome, but was very disappointed to find the unit looks pretty unsightly and requires drilling into the van door.

http://tinyurl.com/3cqw89

Now looking for alternatives.

Regards

Archived