Draper air bags

John Keats

Bob B suggests their use. TELL US MORE

Are they only for raising a vehicle before placing supports under the wheels etc?

I cannot imagine the vehicle can be driven away from a stationery position without damaging the air bag.

What is their prime function?

Hi Bill, you've got it right, these airbags are for lifting the vehicle up, nothing more. You place the bag under the side of the vehicle, making sure there are no sharp edges or pointy bits to puncture it and place the supplied hose over the exhaust tailpipe. Start the engine and the exhaust inflates the bag and lifts your motor. Then you can place adequate supports under it before changing a wheel for instance. If you were bogged in you could use it to lift the vehicle up so you could place a board or grip track under your driving wheels.

D.

If you go to www.draper.co.uk and look at page 95 of their on line catalogue, the details are there.

The catalogue price suggests £60.00 odd, but I paid around £30.00, if my memory serves me correctly. I bought my from Cliffords in Hove, East Sussex.

www.cliffords.info

Just to clarify matters, they're not air bags of course (old habits), they are actually called an inflatable air jack.

Although rated at 3 tonnes, you'll only be lifting one wheel at a time. I mention it because someone's bound to point out their vehicle weighs

3.5 tonnes ! :-D

Archived