Auto-Sleeper Topaz

Johnray

Hi John -

just saying welcome to the site, can't help with your query - looked at the T4 Topaz years ago and thought it cramped and lacking in storage - tho I did like the rear loo. Presumably the T5 version is a bit wider.

Do have a question tho - is the Trident the one with the flip top - and if so do you find its sound and heat insulation to be OK??

B-)

Hi Twooks, thanks for the welcome.

No the Trident is a high top.

We particularly liked the VW vehicle as we could negotiate narrower lanes than most. The van had plenty of storage space , but no proper loo.

I appreciate that the Topaz will be cramped, but it is the long wheelbase version and has a loo. I am not sure it is any wider than the T4 version though.

Hi Johnray, we had a Trident on a VW T3 and I thought it was great. We had a look at the Topaz before we bought our present Talisman but considered it unsuitable for the following reasons. Side settee too narrow and uncomfortable, too many infills for the double bed, didn`t like the sink and hob being on the opposite sides of the kitchen area, not enough worktop, and not much storage space. The toilet/shower compartment was good though. We considered the Duetto or Symbol to be the better van conversion but ended up with a Tally! *-)

Archived