Hi-Vis Vests: Yellow or Orange

gordonaldson

Hi you wonderfull people out there. Just a little head scratch here, or teeny one maybe. Was going to buy a Hi-Vis for driving with in France and Spain when was confronted by Yellow or Orange.

Have noticed however that lorry drivers mostly wear Yellow ones, is this a clue.

Does anyone have a story or true answer.

We'll not bother about BS directives her.

Gordon@

gordonaldson.com

It does not matter which colour you use they both save your life when you stand at the side of the road Im would not be without mind now as I nearly got knock down on a factory site 10 years ago. Some ports will not let you out of the motorhome without the Hi-Vis on.

Nigel

Keep on motorhoming

A while back a cyclist loomed out of the fog in front of me in a yellow hi-vis(no lights), it was fairly light but heavy fog the hi-vis was not very effective, I wonder if orange might be more visible in these conditions?

Guest peter
Clive - 2007-07-26 9:47 PM

You can nick the yellow ones from the council workers, Orange ones tend to need buying!!

You tight so and so Clive. I can get these for about 25p each. :D

Hey Stalwart,

Where did you get that picture of my wife?

If I have to carry a h--vis jacket in my car, why don't all pedestrians have to wear them?

My mate told me that all commercial fishing vessels have to carry something like a dozen condoms per crew member. And that includes a small motor boat with a two man crew going out for a few hours. Of course, if it had three men on board, anything they did would be illegal, cos it wouldn't be "in private". Or maybe we don't want to know that?

Hi gordon,

Whilst you say 'We'll not bother about BS directives her (e)' that is the relavent point, providing the jacket conforms to the relevent BS/ ISO standard then that is all that is relavent. I'm unable to remember the required standard but do believe it must be Class2 of that standard or above to be legal.

Bas

Archived