Alarm Query

I have read that alarms and trackers drain the leisure batteries even if they are not switched on. Is this correct?

I am wondering how long our batteries will last if the van has the alarm and tracker on. We have 2x100 amp leisure batteries and a 100w solar panel and have been fine off grid for up to a week with a compressor fridge and the tracker on but that was when the days were longer and the sun(mostly)shone!

Also

Can anyone recommend a wheel clamp or similar mechanical security device?

Yes and alarm and a tracker will draw current from the battery to which they are connected. Apparently fitting practice varies but I think both devices are most likely to be fitted to the vehicle battery rather than the habitation battery. You do seem to have a good setup and compared to a compressor fridge the current draw will be very small. The quality and setup of your solar controller is an issue. Ideally it should have the ability to give a little current to the vehicle battery if needed. 

I think your tracker will be permanently switched on. Obviously your alarm may or may not be armed but why would you not arm it ? It may be a condition of your insurance that you arm  it AND it seems possible that failing to set may breach the more general policy condition to take reasonable care etc. 

You Tracker may have the capacity to sent you reports on the relevant battery voltage. Mine certainly does and this enables you to head off  a problem if you see the voltage dropping too much in the dead of winter.