The 'ATTACK' word

John Keats

Its noteable that the word 'ATTACK' draws a high number of viewers to any forum. As it does in media circles.

The facts are its considerably less of a problem now than years ago.

Today the media reports a death in London. In my youth it was a regular occurance. There were certain streets around the docks you entered at your peril.

During recent research on the Isle of Wight I accessed newspapers of 1860-90, there were shootings and killings almost every week by disgruntled people

Today the publicity of violence is top dog. Spit in Barnsley and its in the Brighton Argus in the morning.

Life is not a problem. Be brave and leave the TV at home!

I was listening to a programme the other day, apparently in the late 40's mid 50's the prisons were full, crime was rife amongst the young. It was put down to Bill Hayley with Rock around the Clock.

I understand that Roman Senitors where in uproar with the then youth driving their chariots at high speed in a dangerous fashion.

The only real differance now is the news media which I try to avoid by not reading newspapers and watching the news. Its helps to maintain my sanity. Well what little I have left.

Archived