Considering first MH purchase - opinions on Tribute?

snobbyafghan

Hi

We've made the decision to buy a MH and are trying to decide what to get. Our first thought was an Auto-sleeper Duetto or similar. We want a 2 berth with toilet and shower but on a small enough base vehicle to make it useable as an ordinary car occasionally. Our second car is a 2 seater so the van would have to be used when that wasn't big enough. Looking through MMM, I have been seduced by the ad for the new Tribute 550. It seems to have a very similar spec to the Autosleeper but is about 6k cheaper. I doubt if we could run to a new model to be honest but has anyone any opinions to offer on Tribute in general and is there a precursor to the 550 which would enable us to buy secondhand?

Any other general comments would be welcome since my knowledge of MH's is limited to reading one copy of MMM and a few evening's trawl of the interent.

Thanks

Doug

We upgraded from our Toyota Devon pop up earlier this year.

One of the 'vans I was interested in was the Trigano.

My wife and I went and looked at an Autosleeper Symbol, then toddled off to look at a Trigano that was around 2 years newer.

We bought the Symbol! Despite the fact it was 2 years older the quality just seemed so much better and we have not had a single regret so far.

The Trigano was a bit cheaper than the Symbol and I guess the price reflects the differences.

However, it has to said that from this and other forums there are happy Trigano owners out there. Guess you'll have to look at what is on offer and decide what is best for you.

Good luck!

Shaun

We have been generally pleased with our Tribute (2004 model),with a few minor issues around passenger seat too high(battery below), bed a bit of a faff to put up, but quality is fine: nothing has seized up/fallen off yet !

But we don't find it all that useful as an off-site vehicle and are thinking that something a bit smaller ,such as the Dimension, could work for us. Will be interested to know what you decide.

Archived