Swift Bolero Warning

doonhamer

A word of warning to prospective Swift Bolero 680 FB buyers, this is what the glossy brochure doesn't tell you:

1. The habitation heater & water heater controls don't work as described in the handbook.

2. There is no audible alarm fitted, all you get is a silent immoboiliser and a little flashing red light on the dashboard.

3. The advertised Radio/CD/MP3 player only provides a unit that is capable of playing CDs precorded in MP3 format.

4. The lockable water filler cap doesn't lock.

5. Some of the finishes and attention to design detail leave a lot to be desired, particularly check the cab seat upholstery under the headrests.

6. Holding a séance might be the easiest way to contact Swift Customer Care.

It's a great pity because with a little effort and attention to detail the Bolero could have lived up to Swifts advert of the "Ultimate Low Profile".

Hi Stewart, have you got a Bolero or is this just from visiting a show? What is it about the heater controls that doesn't match the handbook's description? What make of radio/CD/MP3 player is fitted? I've had several units of this type and all could play either ordinary CDs or MP3 CDs. The one I have currently installed in my car also has bluetooth for hands free telephony but will only play CDs that were recorded at low speeds and then closed, if they were written at high speed or left as multi session discs it will not read them. Lockable water filler cap, well it is a problem but not Earth shatteringly so surely. Attention to detail and finishing standards, assuming you have now taken delivery of one of these 'vans did you not notice this at handover and flag it up?

Go on, give us a bit more detail to work with. ;-)

D.

Hi I have 680 FB I would be interested to know if and when you get a reply on your items as my bolero has the same faults plus some more, how about we start a defect list on this forum and then ask swift to address the issues.

I also asked swift last week for a drawing showing the locating blocks at the rear to fit a bike rack and was told that this information was only available to dealers. Fat lot of help.

Brent

Perhaps potential buyers may like to get the Bessacarr E560 equivalent instead . . . like we did.

1. Works well if not a little complicated to understand at first.  The manual also refers to other versions which may be fitted.

2. Works very well although don't test it in a confined space or you'll be deaf for an hour or two . . . pardon?

3. We have the upgraded DVD/MP3 one supplied with the Elegance Pack - superb sound and quality.

4. Works a treat.

5. General finish is of a very high standard although not all the studs fitted to the one-piece carpet line up with their respected cups but that ain't a problem.  The only thing ours suffered from was the habitation door not closing properly.  A quick return to the dealer fixed this under warrenty.

6. Never had to call them so cannot comment.  Wouldn't it be easier to go through the dealer, afterall, they sold it to you?  If I bought a brand new Fiat Punto which was faulty I'd go back to the dealership who sold it to me not contact Fiat direct.

We've just returned from a 1,360 mile trip around Germany where we stopped at 6 separate sites.  Having seen (and waved to) many different types of motorhome we believe our Bessacarr E560 IS the 'Ultimate Low Profile' and wouldn't swap her for the world.

Just speaking as we find.

W2G 

Archived