Sat Nav

brayn

Hi there,

this subject must have been gone through before, but...

Any thoughts on which Sat Nav to buy? The choice is bewildering, a bit like which motorhome to buy!

The CC has a special offer on Nav N60i at £239, any ideas on this.

The other widely touted makes seem to be TomTom and Garmin.

Help, please.

Hi brayn

There's a mass of stuff in the archives on Sat Nav that will help you. My view, for what its worth, is providing you make sure the mapping includes those parts of the world you're going to you're unlikely to be dissappointed with your purchase.

Vernon

brayn - 2007-07-30 3:40 PM Hi there, this subject must have been gone through before, but... Any thoughts on which Sat Nav to buy? The choice is bewildering, a bit like which motorhome to buy! The CC has a special offer on Nav N60i at £239, any ideas on this. The other widely touted makes seem to be TomTom and Garmin. Help, please.

Hi Brayn,

Click Search at the top of the page, enter Sat Nav in Keywords and then change the date limit to one year, all the info is there. 

Which ever model you choose, make sure you can add your own POI (Points Of Interest) as you will find it really useful.In case you don't know what a POI is, they are your own downloadable things like all the Caravan Club locations or Aires in France.Also, make sure you can easily upgrade the map and can change the voice. This last one may seem petty but if the tone 'grates' you'll just start swearing at her/him!!

Archived