Can you book Municipal site?

MandyAndy

This may seem a silly question , just got CC Europe book, yet another brilliant service by Vicarous books.

In the book are alot of Municipal sites with contact numbers etc. can I book on these sites, would be handy for first and last days of holls, or is it the usual race against time to get on.

thanks

Mandy

Trouble is we go in middle of August , along Loire Valley to Nantes then around coast of Brittany and back up past Hornfleur to Calais on the 3rd.

Just thought it would be a problem getting somewhere at the begininng of the holls, alot of ASCI sites start around the 26th so that should be ok.

So you don't think we will have a problem finding somewhere then? If someone sees a Rollerteam with blue smoke coming from it, floating along the Loire around the 17th August its all Mels fault (lol)

Should be doing work but just can't stop the planning!

Mandy

Look in the entry in the CC Europe book for the words "adv bkg" . If these appear then you definately can make an advanced booking. However, even if it is not there, most municipal sites will accept an advanced booking - but you may run into a language problem if you can't write in French. Look in the index of your CC Europe sites guide and look up under Planning and Travelling - Continental campsites - booking a campsite - for the answers to your question and guidance on how to go about it.

Brian

You could just try Googling the site name, i.e. Camping Municipal whatever, to see what you get.  Some have book on line options, which may be easier; but, unless your first site is near the coast I don't think you'll have much trouble in Northern France after mid August - especially this year.  They've all gone South!

As Brian has said there is no problem at that time of year and especially after the summer washout.

You may find some of the big commercial sites with all the bells and whistles will have limited spaces but the municipal sites especially away from the coast will be fine.

I think the scramble you refer to may well be at the more popular aires which do fill up by late afternoon.

In our town is a very nice municipal site close to a swimming pool and a suermarket but I haven't seen one unit on it this year.

Hope you have a good holiday now that summer is trying to return

I have booked 2 Municipal Sites for August. I sent an e-mail using the language guide in the Camping Europe Book. It's our first trip to France in the Motor Caravan and thought it safest as we are going in the middle of August. However, everyone tells me I need not book as there is plenty of room. I telephoned one site and although I tried French I found they spoke English! I haven't paid a deposit for either of these 2 sites but had to pay 15 Euro booking fee to a Commercial Site. Bit apprenhansive about the journey but looking forward to the holiday! I haven't booked anything for the last 4 days as it will be September by then so there shouldn't be a problem

Looking at it and listening to your advise I think we should be fine, we are starting in O'rleans and in theory spending 5 days along the Loire, 5 days southern Brittany , 5 days Northern Brittany leaving 4 nights spare for favourite places. So by the time we get to the coastal places things should have started to quieten down, and the ASCI book start to kick into action. Then there's always the France Passion places to have a go at too.

I have managed to book a weekend at the far end of Brittany for Bank holliday , on the beach so at least we have somewhere to head for a break in the middle of the holls. We never like more than 2 nights in one place, which is why this type of holiday suits us all so well.

Thanks for all the replys and tips

Mandy

Archived