RAC Breakdown is your new Pug covered

colin

Looking at the RAC t&c for non Arrival members I see there is a max width of 2.3m this means MWB Sevel vans (or SWB come to that) may not be covered as the new van is 2.5m with mirrors folded (I don't think any LWB of any make is covered), looks like I've got to change when I get new van.

For £30 membership of Camping and Caravanning Club you get Arrival free plus access to all their sites (if that interests you). We don't use their sites often but its handy for filling up with water and emptying tanks/loo when on an extended trip.

Even if you don't use the CCC I don't think you'll get as good a service for the additional £30 from any other breakdown company. Membership of RAC covers member and spouse in any vehicle they are travelling whether driver or passenger. When I last checked other breakdown companies you had to pay extra for spouses and often the cover only applied to one vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
colin - 2007-08-04 8:41 PM

I believe what nicky meant was, if you are a member of RAC and C&CC then the upgrade to Arrival is free

Colin

Yep, that is indeed what I meant. Sorry to confuse.

My other point though is that for around £100 plus membership of CCC at £30 you get RAC cover for every vehicle you own and any you don't own but happen to be travelling in at the time of a breakdown - and what is more the same applies to my husband. No other breakdown organisation gave anywhere like this level of cover. Most wanted more money for husband and/or it was vehicle specific and only covered one car/motorhome.

The £100 is also for breakdown with 2 miles of home, there are cheaper options which don't cover this.

Hope this clarifies my earlier comment.

Archived