RAC EUROPEAN COVER CHARGES

geoff

An RAC member for 22 years I have just received my RAC Arrival renewal notice and was surpried to find hidden away in the terms etc that in addition to the £95 fee for Arrival cover , there is now a supplement of £340 ,( YES,£340 ) for continental recovery of a motorhome under 11 years.

My last holiday for 3 weeks , incliding ferries, stellplatz, and fuel didnt cost that !!!

Anyone got any suggestions for a better priced recovery service ?

I've just taken out cover with Brittania Rescue, and that was £112.45 for the year with European cover, which covers you for each journey of 180 days max(in europe). My van is 1999, 8.23m long and 4.5 tonne gross, so I don't think thats too bad at all. I remember paying £98 the year before last just for 2 weeks cover!! (lol)

http://www.britanniarescue.com

We're not going to France this year so as our Quote for the coming year was £170 odds we got it changed to GB only. This reduced the cover to £79 odds. We've a 1992 Kon-Tiki 650Z 2.5TD AT 23ft. Brings us all back home if anything happens/breakdown.

Hope helps on negotiation,

Gordon.

Looked at the brittania site. Seems to be about £125 for comparable cover for both my vehicles. Sent aan emeail to RAC telling them if they cant do better they have lost a client ! No regrets, serves em right .

Had a reply from RAC. Apparently the £340 supplements which they list in the bumf does NOT apply to CCC mebers. Talk about confusing clients.! In one booklets small print they tell you there is a charge , in the next booklets small print they say it doesnt apply ! Come on RAC, get your act together, you nearly lost a (previously) satisfied customer.

Thanks for your comments folks, hope I didnt unwittingly confuse anyone.

Geoff and Barbie

Bessy 425

Two bikes

No pets, no kids, no rules

We are about to insure our new motorhome and Safeguard Insurance costs include full AA cover, including homestart and recovery etc. in Europe - unlimited duration of visits. Their price came in at £60 cheaper than the price from the Caravan Club - for our Dakota and includes £1,000 cover for our Smart car trailer.

Not bad value....

B-)

Archived