where are you now,this minute.

Mick H.

Mick H. - 2007-08-06 11:24 AM

Hi Mel B

One easy answer to your neighbours,go mobile fulltime,if you dont like the neighbours then you just move,but in motorhoming you dont get bad neighbours so no problem.If however you dont want to do that, wait for the next rainfall and fix a large sump pump on the end of the pipe with the outlet side attached and switch it on.Other than that shoot the bastard.

Thanks Mick, made me giggle!

Might see if I can get my hands on one of the pumps they've been using at work to empty the basements of water after the flooding, then fill up the paddling pool and squirt it over the wall (after plugging up the hole of course!). Could be fun........ >:-)

Mike Parke - 2007-08-06 5:22 PM

Hey! I'm confused! There are two threads to this question and I think I've posted my answer on the other thread!

If you are really desperate to read it, look for it elsewhere!!

Mike.

Dear confused, sorry about the other thread but i've got a itchy clcker finger double click when it should only be once.Have read your answer ,you lucky duck,hope you send us some piccy's of Switzerland.See if I can find one of Stonehenge.Thanks for input.Have a great life

Mike H.

Hey! I'm confused! There are two threads to this question and I think I've posted my answer on the other thread!

Mike.

Dear confused, sorry about the other thread but i've got a itchy clcker finger double click when it should only be once.Have read your answer ,you lucky duck,hope you send us some piccy's of Switzerland.See if I can find one of Stonehenge.Thanks for input.Have a great life

Mike H.

Mick H. - 2007-08-06 9:34 PM

Mike.

Mike H.

I cant even sign my name right.The medical term is 'extra senior moment alky disorder (ES,MAD) for short.Any way found two piccy,s of the Henge taken yesterday,We are still here by the way.Hope you like them.No charge.

Mick H.

1731855932_stonehenge001.jpg.3ead525d434ae668f63acd80a0e7d0f2.jpg

1089327421_stonehenge006.jpg.9b5795e13b08c95ec34b6feb02326ec8.jpg

tonyishuk - 2007-08-06 12:36 PM

Sitting at home waiting for Jo'phine to come back with a cruise control fitted.

(thats the M/home not my better half)

BTW for bits and pieces and servicing / MOTs etc for motorhome base vehicles, (not living area) we call upon the services of Halls Autocare at Langhurst wood about 2 miles from Horsham. Sussex. They have serviced our cars for years. No relation just a 'appy customer.

(Even 'appier when they finish fitting the Ccontrol)

RGds

hi, hope jo,phine is better after the op. We've just had cruise control fitted to our Hymer,but down here its called a gearbox.OUCH

tonyishuk - 2007-08-06 12:36 PM

Sitting at home waiting for Jo'phine to come back with a cruise control fitted.

(thats the M/home not my better half)

BTW for bits and pieces and servicing / MOTs etc for motorhome base

(Even 'appier when they finish fitting the Ccontrol)

RGds

sat in the front porch watching the garden birds feeding with laptop on my knee.Just sorted motorhome out ready for weekend to chatsworth with MCC and celebrate 40 glorious years of marraige on sunday, then we hope to go to york CCC holiday meet at the beginning of the week and then work ourway around the yorkshire dales ending in hawes hoping weather will be kind to us just taking each day as it comes ( isn't that what motorhoming is all about ). Kelly

Fetch & Carry - 2007-08-06 12:37 PM

When you actually posted this we were sitting behind the Alma Inn on a CL site in Laneshawbridge, Lancashire.

We were at the Alma Inn the weekend of the 13th of July, small world! We met up with some friends there who were staying there for nearly a week. That Saturday the pub owner's daughter got married at the pub and had her pictures taken at the back there. With such wonderful views, the backdrop for those wedding photographs was fantastic!

Ina.

Hymer584 - 2007-08-08 10:26 PM

When you actually posted this we were sitting behind the Alma Inn on a CL site in Laneshawbridge, Lancashire.

We were at the Alma Inn the weekend of the 13th of July, small world! We met up with some friends there who were staying there for nearly a week. That Saturday the pub owner's daughter got married at the pub and had her pictures taken at the back there. With such wonderful views, the backdrop for those wedding photographs was fantastic!

Ina.

Nice place is it?

kelly58 - 2007-08-08 4:40 PM

sat in the front porch watching the garden birds feeding with laptop on my knee.Just sorted motorhome out ready for weekend to chatsworth with MCC and celebrate 40 glorious years of marraige on sunday, then we hope to go to york CCC holiday meet at the beginning of the week and then work ourway around the yorkshire dales ending in hawes hoping weather will be kind to us just taking each day as it comes ( isn't that what motorhoming is all about ). Kelly

Congrats on 40 years,also on working your way round Yorkshire dales,super place.We live in our M.home cant be better.Have a great life.

Mick H.

Mick H. - 2007-08-09 7:32 PM

Ina.

Nice place is it?

Yes, it is in beautiful surroundings, you literally have a 360 degree panorama of nothing but hills all around you. There is a WC and electric hook-ups, and a footpath runs at the side of the pub for some glorious walking (if you are into walking that is of course!).

Ina.

Hymer584 - 2007-08-09 7:48 PM

Ina.

Nice place is it?

Yes, it is in beautiful surroundings, you literally have a 360 degree panorama of nothing but hills all around you. There is a WC and electric hook-ups, and a footpath runs at the side of the pub for some glorious walking (if you are into walking that is of course!).

Ina.

So where exactly is it, please. Mick H.

Mick H. - 2007-08-09 8:10 PM

Ina.

Nice place is it?

Ina.

It is near Colne. It is a CL from the Caravan Club, listed in the current directory on page 372 under Nelson, a little place called Laneshawbridge. Come off the M65 at junction 11, onto the A6068 for Keighley. Carry on this road for 3 miles, at a pub called Emmott Arms, turn left. This is quite narrow and when you first turn into it, there can be cars parked there. When we went we made 2 cars back up, as there was just no way we could get through and neither could we back up (not onto the main road anyway!). Carry on this road until you see the Alma Inn on the left hand side and you get to the CL through the car park.

The only drawback we found was that the vans are quite close together, although the pitches are long, they are not that wide. Also, there is no hardstanding, when we went it hadn't half rained, so it was a little soft, but we had no problems.

Didn't try the food there, so can't comment on what that is like, but it is certainly in a fab position.

Ina.

Hymer584 - 2007-08-11 11:21 AM

Mick H. - 2007-08-09 8:10 PM

Ina.

Nice place is it?

Ina.

It is near Colne. It is a CL from the Caravan Club, listed in the current directory on page 372 under Nelson, a little place called Laneshawbridge. Come off the M65 at junction 11, onto the A6068 for Keighley. Carry on this road for 3 miles, at a pub called Emmott Arms, turn left. This is quite narrow and when you first turn into it, there can be cars parked there. When we went we made 2 cars back up, as there was just no way we could get through and neither could we back up (not onto the main road anyway!). Carry on this road until you see the Alma Inn on the left hand side and you get to the CL through the car park.

The only drawback we found was that the vans are quite close together, although the pitches are long, they are not that wide. Also, there is no hardstanding, when we went it hadn't half rained, so it was a little soft, but we had no problems.

Didn't try the food there, so can't comment on what that is like, but it is certainly in a fab position.

Ina.

THANK YOU INA.We are due a trip north soon so will search it out when we come...Mick H.

Archived