where are you now,this minute.

Mick H.

I have started a new job today and I am on my own just minding the office in case anyone phones - which they do about once an hour - so boring!!

Luckily I brought my new laptop with me to get to know my way round it and have found a chess game on it - I will be a grand master by 5 oclock at this rate (lol)

J9withdogs - 2007-08-13 3:40 PM

Mick H. - 2007-08-13 3:37 PM

Hi J9withdogs,

Stay on the forum till five oclock and you could be the master of chat.

Mick H.

You guys are the only thing keeping me sane *-)

Not sure it's working ......?????? (lol) ;-)

Sitting in my conservatory looking out towards Cross Fell (when there's a break in the rain clouds!). Just entering my third week of retirement and the confusion is beginning to ease, managing to convince myself that I don't have to rush around like a loony getting all the jobs done that I promised myself, there'll be time aplenty if him upstairs is willing. If the weather's a bit better tomorrow I'll make a start on polishing the 'van ready for a trip to Brittany first couple of weeks in September, it'll be nice not to have to think about going to work when we get back!

Incidentally, how do some folks do it:- we start the hol with a nice clean shiny 'van but boarding the ferry on return it's usually dusty & fly splattered yet we see others boarding with 'vans that look as if they've just rolled out of a showroom.

Not a new user by the way, the system seemed to lose all trace of my login & password a few weeks ago so in desparation i signed in again. happy days!

Mike P

Incidentally, how do some folks do it:- we start the hol with a nice clean shiny 'van but boarding the ferry on return it's usually dusty & fly splattered yet we see others boarding with 'vans that look as if they've just rolled out of a showroom.

Easy Mike,

As soon as they pitch, out comes the bucket of water, cleaning cloths and Autoglym. Still, if they're happy, good luck to them.

Me, I much prefer a good long walk, especially after a hard drive. 

Bazza454 - 2007-08-14 3:06 PM

Easy Mike,

As soon as they pitch, out comes the bucket of water, cleaning cloths and Autoglym. Still, if they're happy, good luck to them.

Me, I much prefer a good long walk, especially after a hard drive.

:-D I have to agree. Seen it many times. Even in the USA. (lol)

Mike P - 2007-08-14 2:42 PM

Sitting in my conservatory looking out towards Cross Fell (when there's a break in the rain clouds!). Just entering my third week of retirement and the confusion is beginning to ease, managing to convince myself that I don't have to rush around like a loony getting all the jobs done that I promised myself, there'll be time aplenty if him upstairs is willing. If the weather's a bit better tomorrow I'll make a start on polishing the 'van ready for a trip to Brittany first couple of weeks in September, it'll be nice not to have to think about going to work when we get back!

Not a new user by the way, the system seemed to lose all trace of my login & password a few weeks ago so in desparation i signed in again. happy days!

Mike P

Have a good retirement Mike,and an even better trip to Brittany.Some excellent walking down there,and the pink coast,superb.We are of to France in two weeks,for approx.6 weeks,not sure which way once we get off the ferry at Calais.Where the wind blows probably

Mick H.

Mick H. - 2007-08-14 5:45 PM

We are of to France in two weeks,for approx.6 weeks,not sure which way once we get off the ferry at Calais.Where the wind blows probably

Mick H.

We're off in two weeks tomorrow, like you for nearly 6 weeks. First off to Holland though, as I am Dutch and doing some family tree research. After that, France, here we come. Like you, we have no idea where, but then we never do, that's the beauty of motorhoming. We have some friends out there at the same time, so might meet up with them if we are anywhere near each other. Just hope the sun shines more than it did when we were there in June!

Ina.

Hello Mick H,

At present wild camping (by invitation from a good friend who shares his riverside farmhouse with the RSPB) on a reserve which is not open to the public. I am way out on the the remote Berney Arms marshes at the top of Breydon Water about halfway between Gt Yarmouth and Reedham. I dispute the nearby local pub's claim to be the most remote. Pub is a visual gem from the water and a great attraction for visiting boats. Not so good inside though, with poor service and standard of food. State of toilets atrocious.

Still, a good 'shakedown' visit before Scotland in September/October.

Hopefully a good wifi connection through the thick walls of the farmhouse next door.

Hope everyone has fun wherever they. sax

Hi Mike P, home in Cumbria seems a pretty good place to be, but this retirement is great fun, plan journeys home or abroad as you want, or just take off on the spur of the moment, whatever you do enjoy it, as it one of the perks of getting older (and growing old disgracefully) I say, all the best. Carol.

Just sitting at Lap-top lookinging at postings, on the North Wales/Chester boarder not to bad a place either.

sax - 2007-08-14 8:52 PM

Hello Mick H,

At present wild camping (by invitation from a good friend who shares his riverside farmhouse with the RSPB) on a reserve which is not open to the public. I am way out on the the remote Berney Arms marshes at the top of Breydon Water about halfway between Gt Yarmouth and Reedham. I dispute the nearby local pub's claim to be the most remote. Pub is a visual gem from the water and a great attraction for visiting boats. Not so good inside though, with poor service and standard of food. State of toilets atrocious.

Still, a good 'shakedown' visit before Scotland in September/October.

Hopefully a good wifi connection through the thick walls of the farmhouse next door.

Hope everyone has fun wherever they. sax

Hi Sax,didn't like the pub then.Have a good time in Scotland, they know how to drink up there.and dont forget your camera.

Mick H.

Archived