Stellplatze POI's for Garmin Nuvi

david lloyd

Hi everyone

Have finally taken the plunge and upgraded our satnav from a PDA/TomTom to the Garmin Nuvi 360T.

So far it looks a great piece of kit apart from the slightly 'tinny' sound of the integrated speaker. I may see if Maplins do a small but clear sounding external speaker to use in the van as there is an outlet for a headset. Our first big test of it will be at the end of the month when we leave for a few weeks in Germany.

I have managed to download most things I had before - CC sites and CL's, french campsites and aires, lpg forecourts, supermarkets etc. etc. One thing I didn't have on the PDA were the Stellplatze so I would like to download them in time for the trip.

Does anyone know of any good sites for this download?

Best regards, David

You might also find these of some use:-

http://womo4u.de/womo_stellplaetze.htm

http://reisemobil.re.funpic.de/stellplaetze_D.html

. . . . oh and the attached which includes a warning when approching the Stellplatz (you just need to set up the 'warn when near' feature on your device).

The attachments include an ASC version, a OV2 version, a WAV file and an explanation file of the different types.

Reisemobil_Stellplatz_D.zip

Stellplatz_D.zip

Way2Go

I have downloaded the stelplatze_D and camperstop 2007 files OK and also found that www,bordatlas.de had a download section - which is quite handy as it is their book I will be using in conjunction with the satnav.

There are several types of download - depending on the satnaz device (e.g. Garmin, tomtom etc) but they all seem to have different amounts of stelplatze on them and differ in size. The best I have been able to get so far is to convert the Destinator (.dat) files to Garmin.csv on POIedit but it tells me that there was an error on line 2000+ (can't remember the exact line) which means that all data after that is not converted and copied to the new .csv file I created.

The new bordatlas book has over 3800 stelplatze entries so I am assuming there will be that number of lines. One of the conversions (the TT .ov2 file I think) did the same thing at line 183 when converted to .csv!!

Am I doing something wrong here?

Help please if you can, regards, David

• 4 weeks later...

on 6 August waytogo posted poi's for german stelplatz.

I'd like to upload these to my tt5, on hp 2210 pda.

But first a few questions to help me.

The file 'stellplatz_D.zip' contains only one file, an .ov2 file, I know that speaks to tt5 so I can put that into my german map, but there is no bitmap file with it. Where do I get it from ?

The file 'reisemobil_stellplatz_D.zip' contains 1 x asc file (does not speak to tt5), 1 x wav file (whats this for & do I need it ?), 1 x bitmap file (is this the bitmap file that I can use with the ov2 file above ?), and 1 x text doc (is this any use for me ?).

And finally the camperstop file contains the ov2 file and an associated bitmap file, presumably I insert both into the german maps.

Hope waytogo or someone else can advise.

regards

Allen

wints - 2007-09-02 2:59 PM on 6 August waytogo posted poi's for german stelplatz. I'd like to upload these to my tt5, on hp 2210 pda. But first a few questions to help me. The file 'stellplatz_D.zip' contains only one file, an .ov2 file, I know that speaks to tt5 so I can put that into my german map, but there is no bitmap file with it. Where do I get it from ? The file 'reisemobil_stellplatz_D.zip' contains 1 x asc file (does not speak to tt5), 1 x wav file (whats this for & do I need it ?), 1 x bitmap file (is this the bitmap file that I can use with the ov2 file above ?), and 1 x text doc (is this any use for me ?). And finally the camperstop file contains the ov2 file and an associated bitmap file, presumably I insert both into the german maps. Hope waytogo or someone else can advise. regards Allen

Hi Allen,

Just got back from a week away.

OK, the Stellplatz_D.OV2 file contains the POIs whilst the Stellplatz_D.BMP file is the associated icon which appears in the 'Navigate to . . .' list.  Both these files need to be copied into your map folder.

Each POI should include a key as to what facilities are available and the .TXT file tells you what the key means, ie  T = Toiletten.  Yes they're in German so you'll need to translate them.

Yes the camperstop.OV2 and .BMP can also be copied to your map folder.

Hope this clarifies things.

Archived