Ducato - Strange Wobble

Fetch  Carry

Mel B - 2007-08-13 8:27 PM

And here's me thinking it was the alcohol .... (lol)

Come on Mel, this is serious stuff. The Mod'll be after you. :D

It sounds as your wobble is similar to my mate’s experience

I will ask him to reply as he’s staying on the same campsite

The solution was a modification by Fiat to the brackets to the steering rack

He took the van into a fiat agent after experiencing a severe wobble when the van was under load especially up hill and it got so bad he couldn’t hold the steering wheel

Any way he took it to a dealer and apparently they carried out a modification

I believe he asked them why it wasn’t published for a recall I don’t know the reply he got but the garage carried out the work for nothing

I will show him the posting ad if it’s the same sort of thin i will get him to write a posting

Sorry but we are in France at the moment

So will be a couple of days for me to get back

I see the posting being hijacked by the silly comments It seems a pity that something so important is not being taken seriously

Andrew&Jo - 2007-08-14 11:49 AM

I see the posting being hijacked by the silly comments It seems a pity that something so important is not being taken seriously

Andrew&Jo

Pleased you might be able to help but don't you think that 'hijack' is a bit strong? I do take the problem seriously and often offer help, in total seriousness, on other matters but do not take offence if someone decides to put a funny bit in to make me giggle every now and then. Not everything can be serious all of the time, sometimes a little lighthearted, and short, banter can lift things, it would be very boring if everything was serious. It's just like in normal conversations, not every bit of a conversation about something is serious, neither is the forum. :-S

Apologies for going off thread. :-|

Me thinks Dave is spot on.

Problem is worsened by the oft seen wheel ruts in our roads from HGVs.

Ease off the loud pedal a bit, without slowing to a stall, and all ok.

Mel B. I think the alcohol can be ruled out, would surely happen much more often. Keep posting funnies, you make I larf.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Fech & Carry

Sorry for taking so long to get back as we have now stopped in n Holland

I have managed to discuss the matter with my mate and it was as I stated he experienced such an extreme wobble that he couldn’d hold the wheel at one point

His van was a fiat ducato 2.8 turbo diesel on a laika body

He took the van to G Shaw A Fiat agent at Cow beech nr Hailsham East Sussex

The work was all carried out under fiat warranty

Maybe somone can get onto Fiat direct to check out if there is a problem needing a recall ????

I think if you give Shaw a ring they may be able to advise you

Hope this is of help

Archived