PLEASE PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!!

deperatedaisy

Hiya everyone,

I am hoping one of you will read this and be able to help me.......

Basically my mum and dad are going away New Year, and me, my 4 year old and my partner would like to join them, the only problem is that we have a lovely tent - but I really don't fancy using it in December!!! It will be FREEZING!

Does anyone rent out their motor home? I only need it for 29 Dec - 2 Jan

I dont need anything huge or fancy just somewhere warm where we can sleep to hopefully join my family.

If anyone can help me please please get in touch, as I have looked on the web to hire one but they only rent out for a minimum of a week and they charge like £600 - way out of my budget (I need something relitively inexpensive pls!)

Thanks very much for your intrest!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Hi Daisy,

It might help to alert people to where you wanted to stay over that period.  There may be a site who has a B&B close by or static caravan on-site.

Do you just want it on one site (so someone would drive it there then collect it again a few days later) or are you considering touring around in it.

The answers to these questions may help people make up their minds?

Good luck

deperatedaisy - 2007-08-08 2:28 PM

Hiya everyone,

I am hoping one of you will read this and be able to help me.......

Basically my mum and dad are going away New Year, and me, my 4 year old and my partner would like to join them, the only problem is that we have a lovely tent - but I really don't fancy using it in December!!! It will be FREEZING!

Does anyone rent out their motor home? I only need it for 29 Dec - 1st Jan, I live in Bristol but need it to go to a country and western weekend in Mitcheldean. It wonr be driven around just parked up and thats it!

I dont need anything huge or fancy just somewhere warm where we can sleep to hopefully join my family.

If anyone can help me please please get in touch, as I have looked on the web to hire one but they only rent out for a minimum of a week and they charge like £600 - way out of my budget (I need something relitively inexpensive pls!)

Thanks very much for your intrest!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Delivered to Mitcheldean!

Please read the thread again... the details are there.

deperatedaisy - 2007-08-08 2:28 PM I only need it for 29 Dec - 1st Jan, I live in Bristol but need it to go to a country and western weekend in Mitcheldean. It wonr be driven around just parked up and thats it!

b6x - 2007-08-09 9:48 AMDelivered to Mitcheldean!

Please read the thread again... the details are there.

deperatedaisy - 2007-08-08 2:28 PM I only need it for 29 Dec - 1st Jan, I live in Bristol but need it to go to a country and western weekend in Mitcheldean. It wonr be driven around just parked up and thats it!
*-) You are right. She UPDATED the first post in this thread. (lol) B-) The reason I ask? I have an RV (pictured left) parked on a campsite in Spain. I use a 1992 Dethleffs 462 to commute to and from Spain. I shall be back for Xmas and the New Year. I thought I might be able help a person in distress if the journies involved were not TOO time consuming. ;-)

Hello,

Me again! As I am quite new to this I forgot to put the info down accurately for what I want a camper for - ok here goes!

Date: 29 Dec - 1st Jan (this is New Years day so who ever the owner is will prob want it back the following day - so as not to interupt them on New years day!!!!)

Place: Rank Xerox Club, Mitcheldean, nr Ross-on-Wye (I live in Bristol, and so it can either be delivered to Mitcheldean and parked up, or Bristol and I would drive it myself).

If anyone thinks they can help you can ring me on 0117 9076480

Thanks guys!

deperatedaisy - 2007-08-09 6:08 PM

Hi

Do you think you might be able to help me????

:-( Sorry, but it is a little bit out of our way I'm afraid. I shall be in Fawley (Hants) on the 20th of December until 23rd of December. I shall then travel up to Doncaster until the New Year. :-(

deperatedaisy - 2007-08-09 6:17 PM

Hiya,

Thats ok I shall keep searching! I am very keen NOT to spend another New Years eve in bed by 9pm! Even if it does mean sleeping in our tent!

Thanks anyway

Vicky. xxx

Hi Vicky

Have you thought of hiring a caravan ? It would be a lot cheaper option than a motorhome and more availability. (if the poor flood victims have been able to move back into their own properties by then)

Vicky:

I hesitate to bring this up, but if a 'private' motorhome owner permits you to hire (or drive) his/her vehicle there's a very strong likelihood it will negate the vehicle's insurance cover.

Most motorhomes will be insured just for the owner(s) - with perhaps a small number of additional named individuals - to drive, and the insurance policy will almost certainly exclude using the vehicle for any sort of hire or reward. Overlooking this could have potentially serious consequences for yourself and the motorhome owner.

Archived