injector cleaner

pete h

injector cleaner  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hi,can anyone tell me if diesel injector cleaner does any harm.I own a talbot express 2.5td,it runs fine,a little smoke when first started but thats all.its done 117,000 miles so i thought i would treat it to a injector clean,but im always wary of adding anything to my tank.is it a case of, if it aint broke dont fix it.thanks pete h

hi pete ive used injector cleaner many times with no problems.. it has had mixed results but did cure a lazy injector in my old 1600 vw give.. it a try it wont hurt anything and if it cures the start up smoke. great...pagey

Philman - 2007-08-10 12:51 AM

Hi Pete, if you pull the 'choke' out immediately the engine starts it will stop the smoke from the exhaust.

I used the injector cleaner twice and it seemed to improve running, much sweeter.

Phil.

I can not remember my 2.5TD Talbot having a choke ? must have been hided some where ???? :D

Terry

Sorry if I confused some of you, the control is actually the Injection Pump Advance and is often referred to as the Choke because the control knob is very similar. Fiat recommend that you pull it out immediately on starting the engine to avoid the smoke. If you don't get any smoke on starting then you don't need to use it. It is not intended to assist cold starting.

The 1.9TD has this control maybe the larger engines don't have it

Archived