Knaus Van TI/Sun TI

webbocj

Tried to do a bit for the daughter with an earlier post, here's one for me.

I'm the p----d owner of a new Van TI, ( First ever )a report in this months MMM, ordered at NEC Feb. collected 2nd June OKish. 2 weeks in both June and July in Devon & Cornwall, LOTS of rain, not the best way to start! Has anyone solved the hideaway TV ? my research comes up with a couple

one a Camos 15" costing over £400 (HXWXD critical) there's no power or coaxial supply. The suggested place for the aerial is the other side of the room. I knew there was no TV but either the show or magazine test motorhome(saw it at the dealers) had some wires hanging down. Having it done retro. will cost more than in prodution and the hassle taking & colecting it. I beleive Bazza 454 has a Sun TI(previous post) I have read with interest the forum over the last few months and thought NO it can't be like that (BAD) it is. Your best friend needs to be bank manager.

webbocj - 2007-08-09 9:17 PM Tried to do a bit for the daughter with an earlier post, here's one for me. I'm the p----d owner of a new Van TI, ( First ever )a report in this months MMM, ordered at NEC Feb. collected 2nd June OKish. 2 weeks in both June and July in Devon & Cornwall, LOTS of rain, not the best way to start! Has anyone solved the hideaway TV ? my research comes up with a couple one a Camos 15" costing over £400 (HXWXD critical) there's no power or coaxial supply. The suggested place for the aerial is the other side of the room. I knew there was no TV but either the show or magazine test motorhome(saw it at the dealers) had some wires hanging down. Having it done retro. will cost more than in prodution and the hassle taking & colecting it. I beleive Bazza 454 has a Sun TI(previous post) I have read with interest the forum over the last few months and thought NO it can't be like that (BAD) it is. Your best friend needs to be bank manager.

Hi Chris,

I had a look at the Van Ti at one of the recent shows and was impressed with the build quality.

Unfortunately i've no idea what TV options are available on this model, but it did appear that there was provision for a flat screen, a drop down from one of the lockers where any model up to 15" could be fitted. The aerial (generally a Status S530 directional antenna) is usually dealer fit and this will include all wiring. This is normally fitted in the roof above the wardrobe for obvious reasons.

With the Sun Ti the TV drops down from the roof and is part of the "options" package which includes DVD player and reversing camera and is fitted during production. 

Can I suggest that you have a chat with Paul Macey, the Service Manager at Lowdhams, Nottingham, 01159 663838, to discuss what options are available, he's a decent chap and very helpful.

Enjoy the 'van, it's a good piece of kit.

Have to say that the drop down (flat screen) TV in our Sun Ti is one of the best pieces of design flair I have witnessed for ages. It folds away neatly in the roof for safety and security, when dropped down the mounting arm can be swivelled nearly 360 degrees so it can be viewed, at the right height, from anywhere in the van. In retrofit the aerial is usually mounted above the wardrobe but we had a Caro satellite fitted on delivery - went in the same place and is all wired to the TV via the mounting arm.

I too thought that the TV mount in the Van Ti dropped down from the locker above the dining table. Hope you get yours sorted soon Chris.

Regards, David

In the Sun Ti 650 MF the TV wiring terminates in the front nearside top cupboard. Access is behind a sloping panel at the back of this cupboard which is secured by two torx or star screws.

The aerial cable and a 12volt supply terminates here.

The other end of the aerial cable terminates in the wardrobe but to find it you have to lever off the cover to the large white cable ducting which is towards the back of the wardrobe.

On the roof of the wardrobe you should also find a sticker marking the drilling point for a through the roof aerial.

If you system has the roof mounted TV this is always on standby but can be switched off by either pulling out the power supply plug at the TV or it is easier to turn off the middle light swith on the control panel by the door.

Archived