Thetford toilet

Shortfuse

Hello All

Sorry to make my first post a cry for help but I'm stuck in more ways than one.On our 1998 Autoroller4 We found damp along the back wall near floor level,to get to it I've taken out the sink,fridge,cooker etc.The thing I can't remove is the thetford (C300) toilet.I've removed the shower tray and varios panels,"broke" the seal around the toilet removed the water pipe and a couple of screws below the toilet and its still solid.I've tried the thetford website and have e-mailed them but no joy Has anybody ever removed one of these ? regards to all sf

Hi George,

If you have a look on the Thetford web page http://tinyurl.com/3dsohh you will find a PDF file for Installation of the Thetford range C2 C3 C4 toilets.

I have had a look at the nicely detailed drawings, and it would appear your unit just lifts upward off of the back wall bracket, before pulling forward. There are various electrical connections to disconnect first, but these you should be able to get at after removing the cassette from outside the vehicle.

Regards Terry

Hi Terry Thanks for your quick reply,when I looked at the thetford website I came to the same conclusion but I've been unable to lift it up and it seems "fixed" down if you see what I mean.I'm off up to the van today so I'll have another go (it seems to be sitting on a block of polystyrene,perhaps its just sitting on a bed sealer ?) regards sf

Archived